• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX4080 16GB review thread

Caporegime
Founders Edition

Asus

Colorful

Gainward

MSI

Palit

Zotac

Group Test

Last edited:
Video reviews

Hardware Unboxed

NVIDIA’s Lost It: RTX 4080 16GB GPU Review & Benchmarks

Paul's Hardware

Digital Foundry

Hardware Canucks

LTT

JayzTwoCents

Tech YES City

Techtesters

Last edited:
Scratching my head wondering who this card is aimed at! People with that kinda money to burn on a GPU would surely just go for the 4090.
I also thought the 4070 was out at the same time, but it aint :(

It is the RTX4070! Nvidia basically inserted the AD103 into the desktop lineup which is about the same size as the GA104 from the last generation.

So it is technically an RTX3070 replacement sold at an RTX3090/RTX3090TI level price!

Seems like a really good card for around the £700 mark... pity nvidia have fallen down the greed hole. Also looks like, unless amd are way off on thier very vague performance hints, its gonna struggle against even the lesser rx 7900 xt

Seems like a really good card for around the £700 mark... pity nvidia have fallen down the greed hole. Also looks like, unless amd are way off on thier very vague performance hints, its gonna struggle against even the lesser rx 7900 xt

No competition on the shelves though, so the Lemmings are easy prey.

Hopefully nowhere near as much as nvidia hopes. I suspect all the people who were queueing up to get scalped 30 series will likely not be buying anything new any time soon. Feels like there's very little buzz around these.

True there hasn't been much buzz about this gen at all, but the 4090s went fast initially, but then again they are drip feeding them in to increase FOMO and therefore prices.

£1,269 MSRP for a 4080...

Well I feel even better about £649 for my 3080!
Bought the previous two 80 GPU's but not this time for that £. Might even just stick with the 3080. Don't game enough to splash out for a 4090 and would need a new PSU too, and none of the decent ATX 3's are available yet either.

Last edited:
True there hasn't been much buzz about this gen at all, but the 4090s went fast initially, but then again they are drip feeding them in to increase FOMO and therefore prices.
Initially, yes. But last week lots of stock seems to have been delivered to UK shops, in not much over MSRP (120-150 quid) and... they don't sell. I've been checking places that have actual stock numbers showing and since last Wed they sold like 1 4090 for £1850 and one for £1830. That's it. It would seem whoever wanted to get one, got it already and the rest don't aim that high.

Back
Top Bottom