• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Caporegime
Soldato
I'm ok with navi performance, the cooler has let amd down again and aib models will push pricing up to super fe models that have no issues with noise or temps. Another $50 off and it is a win.

Caporegime
I really don't understand the cooler @shankly1985 , you watched the same vid I did on the nerd channel and they swore they went some way towards fixing it! Was I dreaming? Or just a bad stock fan curve? TPU seems to be the only site to get crazy temps.

Soldato
Don't they say you have to run a lower res then apply image sharpening, what happens if you run the same res and apply it, does the frame rate drop?

No the percentage hit remains the same. You can use RIS at native res or use it on a 4k display and run game at 1440p and let the GPU upscale the image to the monitor and apply RIS to sharpen the image.

Soldato
I really don't understand the cooler @shankly1985 , you watched the same vid I did on the nerd channel and they swore they went some way towards fixing it! Was I dreaming? Or just a bad stock fan curve? TPU seems to be the only site to get crazy temps.

He did say they changed the cooler to make less noise. Only thing I can think off is all these reviews are just running out of the box fan profile etc Wattman has multiple options now.

Soldato
Poor Navi

Too hot, loud, underperforming, overpriced, no Crossfire, poor overclocking, 5700XT high power consumption just behind RTX 2080.

Both Ryzen 3000 and Navi launch were underwhelming and lousy.

Soldato
Poor Navi

Too hot, loud, underperforming, overpriced, no Crossfire, poor overclocking, 5700XT high power consumption just behind RTX 2080.

Lol. Nice comment. Typifies I think many posters on this forum.

Permabanned
Poor Navi

To be objective:

Too hot is because of the crappy blower;

Underperforming - yes, it isn't optimised or the drivers are poor yet. It is within 2% at Full HD and away 12% from Radeon VII at Ultra HD;

Overpriced - prices will drop in the next weeks;

CrossFire is supported via explicit DX12 multi-GPU;

Overclocking - techpowerup's review shows 9% shaders overclock and 5% memory overclock, which netted in 5.6% overall increase. The card needs more memory bandwidth.

Idle power consumption is good - only 8 W.

Associate
I think the performance of the AMD cards are just fine against there Nvidia counterparts

It's really the blower Cooler that's the issue here - the cards are decidedly cheaper than the Nvidia parts

As for everyone creaming Thier pants over the 2070S - it's basically all of the Dies that weren't good enough for 2080's being repurposed

Remember this crazy pricing was started by Nvidia & all of the Nvidiots ran out to spend over a Grand on a GPU that had the embarrassing Ray Tracing performance

GPU's are overpriced now and AMD aren't just going to give up profit - they are a Business.

Nvidia & AMD don't care about anyone & people arguing about all of this stuff if just plain dumb

Soldato
Too Hot? since when was 70/80c on a GPU to hot? O wait because one rubbish site said its 92c LOL

70/80c is perfectly normal for a GPU and excellent for a blower out of the box testing.

Back
Top Bottom