• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Associate
Poor Navi

Too hot, loud, underperforming, overpriced, no Crossfire, poor overclocking, 5700XT high power consumption just behind RTX 2080.

Both Ryzen 3000 and Navi launch were underwhelming and lousy.

Ryzen 3000 is underwhelming - you are as thick as two planks

Only person I have heard saying that in the world

You should be ashamed of yourself and learn stuff before you talk utter mince - have you looked at all of the numbers?

What an embarrassing comment -you will never have any credibility saying stuff like that

Soldato
I think the performance of the AMD cards are just fine against there Nvidia counterparts

It's really the blower Cooler that's the issue here - the cards are decidedly cheaper than the Nvidia parts

As for everyone creaming Thier pants over the 2070S - it's basically all of the Dies that weren't good enough for 2080's being repurposed

Remember this crazy pricing was started by Nvidia & all of the Nvidiots ran out to spend over a Grand on a GPU that had the embarrassing Ray Tracing performance

GPU's are overpriced now and AMD aren't just going to give up profit - they are a Business.

Nvidia & AMD don't care about anyone & people arguing about all of this stuff if just plain dumb

Thing is AMD are launching where they would do - its Nvidia that are price gouging - Take the mid range x70 cards - 770 was $399 , 970 was $329, 1070 was $379 and the RTX 2070 was $499.The same profile can be seen with x60 (249>199>249>399 respectively) and the x80 as well.

Soldato
Thoughts and prayers for your soul, my son. This is a Pro Nvidia site, even with the horrific gouging of prices, when AMD have a card which competes - nope they are still rubbish.

LOL A few weeks ago Foxeye was complaining about this site been Pro AMD.

The Navi cards are decent but people have been pointing out how crappy the cooler is and that the price isn't great. If Nvidia's pricing is horrific, then you have to class AMD's pricing as Horrific too.

And please stop with the stupid BS about Nvidia been in a panic mode. What panic, at very little cost to themselves, they have released faster cards that are better at both normal games and Ray traced games than the card they replaced. And with that they made AMD's performance comparisons against the 2070/2060 irrelevant and AMD had to drop their prices.

Caporegime
He did say they changed the cooler to make less noise. Only thing I can think off is all these reviews are just running out of the box fan profile etc Wattman has multiple options now.

It's really strange, I really don't think he'd go on the record like that unless he was 100% confident that it'd be some way better than the Vega blower *shudder*

I really just wanted the blower to be a little better, maybe under 40dB but hopefully some fiddling (fnar) will sort it.

Caporegime
And please stop with the stupid BS about Nvidia been in a panic mode.

image.png

Soldato
LOL A few weeks ago Foxeye was complaining about this site been Pro AMD.

The Navi cards are decent but people have been pointing out how crappy the cooler is and that the price isn't great. If Nvidia's pricing is horrific, then you have to class AMD's pricing as Horrific too.

And please stop with the stupid BS about Nvidia been in a panic mode. What panic, at very little cost to themselves, they have released faster cards that are better at both normal games and Ray traced games than the card they replaced. And with that they made AMD's performance comparisons against the 2070/2060 irrelevant and AMD had to drop their prices.

Replacing a product stack after 5 months (still waiting for that apology) IS a problem

Caporegime
Thing is AMD are launching where they would do - its Nvidia that are price gouging - Take the mid range x70 cards - 770 was $399 , 970 was $329, 1070 was $379 and the RTX 2070 was $499.The same profile can be seen with x60 (249>199>249>399 respectively) and the x80 as well.

AMD are gouging too lol.
5700XT is mid range.

It's okay ragging on Nvidia
But AMD deserve the same.

Soldato
Wouldn't it be nice though if AMD could release a graphics card without a crap cooler though?

Every time it's the same thing.

TBh I think it would be better if AMD just released the new line up alongside the AIB. Keep the blowers they have a clear vision on why they use them, they also great for people that like ref board design for water cooling. Like I have said though I have no issue with my VEGA 64 blower sure it required some tweaking and being realistic with its clocks. My noise level and temperature are great.

Caporegime
TBh I think it would be better if AMD just released the new line up alongside the AIB. Keep the blowers they have a clear vision on why they use them, they also great for people that like ref board design for water cooling. Like I have said though I have no issue with my VEGA 64 blower sure it required some tweaking and being realistic with its clocks. My noise level and temperature are great.

We could just have better reference cooling though lol.

Soldato
Too Hot? since when was 70/80c on a GPU to hot? O wait because one rubbish site said its 92c LOL

70/80c is perfectly normal for a GPU and excellent for a blower out of the box testing.
Even my old 290x on the blower cooler with a fancurve profile setup only topped around 81C on stock and 85C max at 45% fanspeed max when looping Heaven Benchmark in a case with good airflow back in the days, and that's a card with average power consumption of around 260~290W during gaming; the 5700XT has an average power consumption of 219W during gaming (TechPowerUP), and I don't see why the stock cooler wouldn't be able keep the temp at around 75~80C with a proper fanspeed profile set up while keeping the noise level reasonable quiet.

Also so for all we know, AMD might have stupidly put too high voltage on the Navi like they did on the Vega, so there's some possibility for downvolting and further tweaking may be as well.

Also I cannot understand the outcry about the performance of the 5700XT...I quickly skimped through a few reviews, it looks like that in the worst case scenario it matches the 2070, and in the best case scenario it matches the 1080ti; this is a £380 card we are talking about here, yet people are crying like AMD has kidnapped and eaten their children...I just don't understand :confused:

Also did people forget that the 2070 was mostly around the pricing of closer to the north of £450 to £500+, with the ones that are around £430 was generally Grade B chip that doesn't match the performance shown in reviews in general (with Grade A chip)?

Caporegime
I have said this before.
AMD and Nvidia do not want to make a cooler that is the be all end all. Their partners would just lose out, AIB has deals with these two and that will remain.

They don't need to make the best.
But AMD's is utter crap. Let's not sugar coat it.

2060 Super and 2070 Super reviews are positive with coolers
AMD's are negative

Back
Top Bottom