• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5800X3D review thread

Caporegime
Managed to get hold of a 5800X3D today so looking forward to seeing how this pairs with my 6900XT. Mainly play WZ at 1440p and coming from 5900X so not expecting huge gains but if the 1% lows are improved I'll be happy.
Nice one, let us know how it goes. I saw improvements vs my 5950X in Warzone, noticed my GPU utilisation was higher too when running lower settings at 1080P/1440P.

Associate
Nice one, let us know how it goes. I saw improvements vs my 5950X in Warzone, noticed my GPU utilisation was higher too when running lower settings at 1080P/1440P.
Will do. Your videos on the 6900XT thread helped convince me to give it a go. Although my GPU is going to be clocked nowhere near yours, which is frankly obscene :eek:

Soldato

It seems no better than a 5800X I'm afraid. I thought it would make a big difference but something else must be bottlenecking it.

Possibly but doesn't have to be a bottleneck, if the game engine doesn't need much cache than adding extra cache will not do anything that's why the x3d doesn't run faster in every game

But I wonder how this compares to other unreal engine games

Associate
Strange that UE4 use more cache while UE5 not, and we are in the era where both brand increase cache and use it as main weapon. Every performance increase is welcome, and optimizing game to use more cache is easier than using more threads, parallelization is hardest thing to do, and limited benefits.

Associate
Strange that UE4 use more cache while UE5 not, and we are in the era where both brand increase cache and use it as main weapon. Every performance increase is welcome, and optimizing game to use more cache is easier than using more threads, parallelization is hardest thing to do, and limited benefits.
Maybe its due to being a demo ?

Soldato
Maybe its due to being a demo ?

Not likely, the game world is larger than some full games. Epic has been promoting UE5 as being an efficient toolset so maybe it doesn't need more cache because it's very efficient

But I wouldn't write off UE5 for not needing cache yet, this is just one example by the end of this year there will be several UE5 games launched and we'll have a better idea of the 3D cache helps performance or not

Soldato
Maybe there is just so much changing data in the engine the cache is wiped or filled with new data constantly.

Instead of static repeatable data that a cache is good for, there is too much and the constant changing data in the cache doesnt benefit from having the data close by.

Back
Top Bottom