• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6*50XT series review thread

Associate
6950 XT costs no more to build than a 6900 XT and both are price inflated despite a reduction in the crypto boom, not to mention segmentation restrictions against the 6800 XT. Lost for words really AMD is 'trying their luck at pricing' again and yes its no worse than Nvidia but that hardly makes it ok.
shame-shame-shame-MEM.png

Associate
6950 XT costs no more to build than a 6900 XT and both are price inflated despite a reduction in the crypto boom, not to mention segmentation restrictions against the 6800 XT. Lost for words really AMD is 'trying their luck at pricing' again and yes its no worse than Nvidia but that hardly makes it ok.
Yeah AMD is supposed to be a better value option. I don't think this pricing is going to be good for their GPU market rep in the long run. They really should stop trying to be Nvidia.

Soldato
Since prices/supply has been crazy I've had my suspicions that they're doing what they got sued for in 08. They settled out of court back then so were never technically found guilty of price fixing back then but personally i don't see why you'd settle out of court for $1.7m if you were confident that you weren't guilty.

Small things like a sudden bump in supply around the time Intel were meant to be releasing their discrete GPU's only further reinforces my opinion.

Caporegime

These are all third party cards, do we know this is the amd recommended price or is it just what the third parties are charging?

Associate
Might just be me but the cooler on the 6750 Nitro looks thicker than the 6700 in photos

P.S. Might wanna put something more approximate in your location in your forum account ;)
You are right. 51.4 vs 62.19mm. 13w higher power draw, and amongst the marketing speak and addition of buzzwords that I know the 6700 nitro+ has, but arent mentioned, possibly these additional features:
High TG Copper PCB
Optimized Composite Heatpipe

Location now vaguer.

Associate
From what I've seen it was already among the quietest SKUs anyway, I'm kinda surprised they felt the need to redesign the cooler.
Enjoy your new card, I'm sure you're not missing out on much and as you said, with a bit of tweaking you won't notice a difference :)

Soldato
Yeah although it seems drivers are a lot better this generation. Understandable that people will be wary after previous generations driver issues. Takes a while to come back from something like that.
I had the worst drivers during my 980 ownership and gave up with them cause of that as years of issues. Switched to a 5700xt and no issues then for myself (I know others did) and this 6900xt has been solid since release day. All swings and roundabouts.

Associate
I had the worst drivers during my 980 ownership and gave up with them cause of that as years of issues. Switched to a 5700xt and no issues then for myself (I know others did) and this 6900xt has been solid since release day. All swings and roundabouts.
True but rightly or wrongly, AMD has a worse reputation for driver problems. It's good that they're turning this around though.

Soldato
True but rightly or wrongly, AMD has a worse reputation for driver problems. It's good that they're turning this around though.
Indeed but I do feel it has faded significantly over the last 3year as AMD show and push forward. I don't think many will be shouting about Driver issues come next gen (unless there is specifically any).

Back
Top Bottom