• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6500XT review thread

Soldato
I think there's a point here in that the RX 6500 XT is competing with the existing graphics cards in people's PCs. And if you have any card of comparable price from about the last 6 years, it's not worth changing.

Permabanned

Quite telling.

Pros
  • Some models are available near list price
  • Technically supports ray tracing
Cons
  • Disappointing gaming performance, even at 1080p
  • Terrible ray tracing performance
  • 4GB is a problem in multiple games
  • PCIe bottleneck locks out older hardware
  • Outclassed by hardware from nearly five years ago
I would stay very very far from anything that looks similar or reminds me of this..

Soldato
If a GT 1030 or a GT 710 is starting to struggle then a 6500 XT would be a nice upgrade.

There's a gap in the market for that level of ultra budget hardware because Nvidia haven't released anything more recent than the 1030.

Soldato
Indeed. There are no budget GPUs in this generation, unless you count CPUs with integrated graphics - and RDNA2 hasn't been released in that capacity yet.

I would argue the only 'budget' GPU of this generation is in the Xbox Series S. Doesn't help PC gamers much.

Soldato
Below MSRP now at £169.

Remember how it was supposedly impossible to sell cards this cheap.

I'm glad the market crashed underneath AMD for this shambolic money grab card.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom