• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7900 series review thread

Caporegime
RX7900XTX

RX7900XT

Group test

Linux test

Video reviews

Gamersnexus

Hardware Unboxed

Hardware Canucks

LTT

Paul's Hardware

Digital Foundry

Optimum Tech

Techtesters

J2C

Last edited:

Yup, I think AMD priced it right. Personally I'd pay the extra say £250 for the 4080 as some games (F1/Cyberpunk etc) look much better with RT.

Good generational performance uplift, but not quite as good as what AMD seemed to imply on stage. AMD seemed to have "cherry-picked" more than usual this time.

Power efficiency is improved but not as good as Ada.

1% lows are surprisingly good. I thought that any teething issues with the new architecture would show up in 1% lows, but they seem to be solid.

RT seems to have caught up to Ampere, but well short of Ada.

Raster as good or better than a 4080.

I was expecting a little more performance than what AMD has delivered, but it's still good enough that I would take an XTX over a 4080.

I love AMD's reference design but it definitely looks like, from the reviews at least it's on the rather loud side. That's disappointing, if I was in the market for one I'd likely be looking at AIB rather than reference. Guru3D had it sitting at 5700XT levels and that's loud...oh and that coil whine...:eek:

I love AMD's reference design but it definitely looks like, from the reviews at least it's on the rather loud side. That's disappointing, if I was in the market for one I'd likely be looking at AIB rather than reference. Guru3D had it sitting at 5700XT levels and that's loud...oh and that coil whine...:eek:

I’m really surprised by this given how quiet the reference 6900/6950 are? Also, the reference cards seem to stay pretty good temperature wise so maybe the fan profile is just far too aggressive.

I’m really surprised by this given how quiet the reference 6900/6950 are? Also, the reference cards seem to stay pretty good temperature wise so maybe the fan profile is just far too aggressive.
Yeah Steve (Gamers Nexus) suggested an alteration to the fan curve is required, it's too aggressive too quickly. I suppose the user can make their own changes however the baked in profile should be fine. I had a 6950XT reference and it was super quiet in operation so I'm a bit shocked to see this for the reference cards.

Im glad some reviewers are calling out the cards. They should be 7800 and 7800XT.

I got flamed for suggesting AMD also did the nvidia trick of tier inflation and therefore also overpriced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom