• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX7900 series review thread

AMD saw Intel crash and burn with their completely awful GPU release and thought 'hey! I can do that too'. What I'm shocked by is how they can't even deliver a well made product anymore, with tons of issues with both coil whine & tjunc temp throttling, similar to the poor launch of RDNA 1 - remember all the washer mods. The question I have is, it's because the penny pinching led to these issues on the cards for MBA MSRP or were they simply incompetent? And to think they did it so well before with RDNA 2 with the 'worry free' graphite pads, which by comparison was a flawless release (also on the drivers side).
They were both poor releases, we have the very large 4090 coil whine thread, and burning/ melting cables. Let’s add a sprinkling of unreleased 4080 12GB ;)

Probably the US only, but nasty declining RMA

The sad thing is that AMD is technically and legally in the right. The advertised boost clock speed for the rx7900 series is low and the clocks in game is higher than the advertised speed, which then gives them room to decline RMA - even though the card is thermal throttlling, as long as the clock speed doesn't drop under the advertised minimum then AMD can decline the RMA even though the GPU is performing slower than in reviews.

In this instance the user has no choice other than to fix the problem himself; that means opening the GPU and reapplying paste and new thermal pads then reassembling

Last edited:
Powercolor is asking for everyone who has the 110c issue to contact them and provide your details and serial numbers; even if your 7900XTX is not made by Powercolor. They are trying to get a grasp for how widespread the issue is and will lobby AMD for a solution

Last edited:
you got that,from that video? :cry:

Yup hence why I am asking is HDR broken here..... :cry:

Conflicting reports in the comments, some say it works, others say it doesn't for them either but as is always the case with hdr, a lot of peoples issues come down to them running "fake" **** hdr monitors.....

Last edited:
Yup hence why I am asking is HDR broken here..... :cry:

Conflicting reports in the comments, some say it works, others say it doesn't for them either but as is always the case with hdr, a lot of peoples issues come down to them running "fake" **** hdr monitors.....
what was his actual issue with HDR?

Back
Top Bottom