• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 5 9600X and Ryzen 7 9700X review thread

Soldato
Ryzen 5 9600X

Ryzen 7 9700X

Group Test

Youtube Reviews

Last edited:
Bah. So basically for the 9700X they have smashed effeciency but cut back too munch on performance. Talking a few percent up to around 10% in certain things. I think I'll keep my 7600 for now. :) As GN says it is a "meh" CPU. Just on the point of stability as well, it does appear to be a BIOS "thing" because ASRock for example have released 3 BIOS updates before this CPU even launched.

Eh, bit boring. Amd seem to have done amazing things for the efficiency of these cpus. But basically nothing for performance.

I do think there's potential here based on how high it's scoring in single core benchmarks. But multicore looks like its hitting the power limit really hard.

Should be $50 cheaper

Great Linux performance though especially at 65W:
(Their site might time out though).

Think I said this before, this is
Firstly a server design.
Secondly a server design.
And at least...
Thirdly a server design.

Never mind leapfrogging design teams, AMD are now big though that they should have competing design team. Never forget how the mobile team saved Intel's posterior back in the P4 days.

Guess this does explain the launch prices not being crazy!

Last edited:
A "meh" release but does AMD really need to anything spectacular they just need to let Intel continue to self implode, and provide solid CPUs that take the reliability crown, and win over the large hard core team blue fans.

The 9800X3D will probably be the standout CPU for this release but I have a feeling over all if you want a bit more performance then get a 7000 series CPU and if you want power efficiency get 9000 series. Personally I would choose 9000 series as I like cool and quiet PCs.

Guru3D Reviews

Back
Top Bottom