• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen 9 3950X review thread

Caporegime
I'm still tweaking everything since it's a brand new PC but I achieved 4.3ghz @ 1.35V ( stable?> yet to test, only ran p95 for 4 hours. ) and 4.35ghz @ 1.38V but errors show up within 5min of prime95...
Anyway more testing is required, I plan on spending the whole week just for this, the past few days I was trying a lot of unsuccessful RAM overclocks...

Currently have mine on stock, Highest clock i saw was 4.675ghz

This result is from the 4.3ghz oc
5pmELt3.jpg

Drop by here when you're ready, we don't have a 3950X yet :)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-official-ocuk-cinebench-r20-benchmark-thread.18849380/

RCM

RCM

Associate
I'm still tweaking everything since it's a brand new PC but I achieved 4.3ghz @ 1.35V ( stable?> yet to test, only ran p95 for 4 hours. ) and 4.35ghz @ 1.38V but errors show up within 5min of prime95...
Anyway more testing is required, I plan on spending the whole week just for this, the past few days I was trying a lot of unsuccessful RAM overclocks...
What RAM have you paired with it?

Soldato
Well I am board-less, unless I use a B350/B450/X470 or see if I can manage to somehow get it to fit in a TR4 socket or maybe an X299 board.

Really fancied having a play when I get time this evening, guess it will have to wait. :(

Associate
Corsair 3600 CL18 , nothing that ryzen calculator recommended works :confused: ( but also I have no prior experience overclocking AMD RAM ), I'm still debating if I should return it as I got a Micron E-die but was hoping for a Samsung B-die.

Not even the safe option works, memtest will show errors right away.
ip6cWYd7TguV_0HCygcxKQ.png

Want me to post that ? :D

RCM

RCM

Associate
Corsair 3600 CL18 , nothing that ryzen calculator recommended works :confused: ( but also I have no prior experience overclocking AMD RAM ), I'm still debating if I should return it as I got a Micron E-die but was hoping for a Samsung B-die.

Currently deciding myself what RAM to use. I'm not a major tweaker (don't have the patience for it) and would like something that isn't silly money and gives good results with minimal effort.

Soldato
Currently deciding myself what RAM to use. I'm not a major tweaker (don't have the patience for it) and would like something that isn't silly money and gives good results with minimal effort.

The 8pack 3600/cl16 offers pretty good performance if you just want stuff to set xmp and forget, comes down to around £100 when offers are on.

RCM

RCM

Associate
The 8pack 3600/cl16 offers pretty good performance if you just want stuff to set xmp and forget, comes down to around £100 when offers are on.
Yeah, that's on my radar but 32GB is a bit pricey atm. At ~£100 per 16GB would be a no brainer, it's just a bit too much for me at the current prices.

Looking at the Viper Steel as well, it's well priced and there's options to either downclock the 4400 or just leave the settings of the 3600/3733 at defaults, which are better than a lot of the CL18 kits.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Yeah, that's on my radar but 32GB is a bit pricey atm. At ~£100 per 16GB would be a no brainer, it's just a bit too much for me at the current prices.

Looking at the Viper Steel as well, it's well priced and there's options to either downclock the 4400 or just leave the settings of the 3600/3733 at defaults, which are better than a lot of the CL18 kits.

We have Viper Steel 32GB kit at £99 at moment for 3200MHz ;)

OcUK Staff
I'd be all over it if you had a similar offer for 3600Mhz, sadly Viper Steel doesn't have 32GB kits past 3200. :rolleyes:

I’ve asked them to make a 3600 kit so they are working on it, also asked for some faster B die variants.

We also have Samsung B die 8 Pack kits coming in 2020 in 32G versions with good timings.

RCM

RCM

Associate
I’ve asked them to make a 3600 kit so they are working on it, also asked for some faster B die variants.

We also have Samsung B die 8 Pack kits coming in 2020 in 32G versions with good timings.
Sounds great but will all come a bit too late in my case, got to make my choice in the next week or so.

Soldato
Im thinking I should have bought a 3950x from ocuk, cause my store won't have stock for a few more weeks.
Does Oc UK ship outside of Europe?

OcUK Staff
Another 4 units shipping today. :)

We are also still expecting the delivery of 20 at somepoint this week too, so fingers crossed we will shop close to 30 this week, which will put us at nearly 70 shipped. :)

Associate
Got mine up and running yesterday night! Still loads of tidying up to do but at least i run my first CB20.

Posted in the other thread 9536 for multithread with PBO and XMP.

I will be needing tips on how to oc it and still figuring out everything coming from a Q9550 to this beast is wow.

Soldato
I decided to just drop the 3950x on to the X470 Taichi Ultimate until I can source an X570 board that isn't massively overpriced. Everything seems to be running fine, and I have it configured with 64GB of Micron E-Die Ballistix RAM (4x 16GB), only at 3600MHz C16 currently.

I'll get more time to play with it once I get sometime off over the festive period, but for now it is just sat running two VM's which would probably be fine on 4c/4t CPU :D

Back
Top Bottom