**** OcUK Secret Santa 2014 - Signup & Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
I *think* i've received mine. It was unlabelled/unmarked as ocuk secret santa stuff, i opened it and theres a couple of bits in there that were chucked in a carrier bag with a receipt but the giant chocolate coin is kind of christmas orientated. I got a bottle of water, a bar of soap and a chocolate coin. Don't mean to sound ungrateful but my secret santa scored a big fat 0 for effort level.

Edit: Forgot the 1 inch sized sink plunger :confused:

That poor indeed.

Soldato
The expectations seem to high to me. My SS will get only one gift and it cost a little more than £15. Its random and something they might not expect but is that not the whole point of this? Did I misunderstand and it should be many things and something silly?

Suspended
The expectations seem to high to me. My SS will get only one gift and it cost a little more than £15. Its random and something they might not expect but is that not the whole point of this? Did I misunderstand and it should be many things and something silly?

I think it's meant to be a light hearted thing where you give a gift or two, but obviously some have a bit of history between them which could result in more being spent / weird and whacky gifts.

Associate
I don't think the expectations are high I feel it's more the no effort in stalking sure some of us are hard to buy for but its not to hard to see me and cainer like a good takeaway ect and others like taking photo's

I am all for random gifts my victim has some gifts that are random

Suspended
I don't think the expectations are high I feel it's more the no effort in stalking sure some of us are hard to buy for but its not to hard to see me and cainer like a good takeaway ect and others like taking photo's

I am all for random gifts my victim has some gifts that are random

Taking photo's what? WHAT DAMMIT?

:D

Soldato
I got notification from my SS that its been sent, but no tracking info, so just gotta wait for my receptionist to tell me that something's arrived.. anticipation indeed..

On the flip side, I know that my payload has been delivered. I hope that it doesn't disappoint.

Soldato

I thought the idea, as with every secret santa, was to try and get something you think the other person would like/find funny. The randomness adds the excitement for christmas day and the build up is half the fun. With how easy it is to cyberstalk most people it only requires a little bit of effort to get an idea of suitable things.

I think if a secret santa doesn't wrap the gifts, drops them in a jiffy bag and sends them off with no labelling (so now it's been opened and surprise ruined) and it's just a generic, gift-shop gift that seems to have little thought put in then it's fair enough to say they put in very little effort.

Some people have, and most likely more will call it a humbug way of looking at it. But i just think if they aren't that fussed, then why bother signing up in the first place?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom