**** OcUK Secret Santa 2014 - Signup & Discussion Thread ****

Caporegime
Think you had to do it by the 5th

For those that have had delays with receiving their orders, just keep me and your recipient in the loop please. This was bound to happen to a few as its a busy time of year, just do all you can and be pushy with retailers.

It originally was today the 6th, but since a few have had holdups with deliveries, Maccy posted the above a couple of pages back :)

Caporegime
Oh shush you :p i'm gonna be honest, a little. I was super excited about the whole thing and just feel kinda deflated by it really. No idea how clovis keeps coming back after the luck he's had!

I'm feeling a bit like this, just doesn't feel like people are making an effort this year.

Guys trust me, when you see mine, you'll be in stitches laughing.

:D

Associate
Glad I waited the last part of the bundle arrived this morning so I managed to get it posted, well by posted I mean Royal Mail bent me over backwards and shafted me!...

I had one package arrive from the rainforest clearly labelled OCUK SS which I've put to one side ready for the 25th :D

Suspended
I thought the idea, as with every secret santa, was to try and get something you think the other person would like/find funny. The randomness adds the excitement for christmas day and the build up is half the fun. With how easy it is to cyberstalk most people it only requires a little bit of effort to get an idea of suitable things.

I think if a secret santa doesn't wrap the gifts, drops them in a jiffy bag and sends them off with no labelling (so now it's been opened and surprise ruined) and it's just a generic, gift-shop gift that seems to have little thought put in then it's fair enough to say they put in very little effort.

Some people have, and most likely more will call it a humbug way of looking at it. But i just think if they aren't that fussed, then why bother signing up in the first place?

Quite intrigued to see who your santa was. This is only my second year taking part, but I have been following along for quite a few more and I have never seen anyone do something like what you're explaining (except for not sending a gift at all) and put in absolutely no effort.

Yes, it's the thought that counts, but that thought really should not be "I'll bung this fivers worth of stuff in a bag and call it a secret santa gift". If they were struggling to buy for you they could have just asked you a question. I don't get why someone would put in so little effort after signing up for it... :(

Soldato
I *think* i've received mine. It was unlabelled/unmarked as ocuk secret santa stuff, i opened it and theres a couple of bits in there that were chucked in a carrier bag with a receipt but the giant chocolate coin is kind of christmas orientated. I got a bottle of water, a bar of soap and a chocolate coin. Don't mean to sound ungrateful but my secret santa scored a big fat 0 for effort level.

hehe can't wait to see the skinflint who gave you that:)

Soldato
Someone should do this next year and be even more effortless... If that's actually possible :o
then follow up with the proper present afterwards :D
Should make good reading on here :p :D

Soldato
Someone should do this next year and be even more effortless... If that's actually possible :o
then follow up with the proper present afterwards :D
Should make good reading on here :p :D

I genuinely hope that's what is going on here for Kris.

Nothing better than a well stalked present arriving. My SS was tough to buy for, but I did my best! My gf says I put more effort into this than I do for my family :p

Soldato
Yes, it's the thought that counts, but that thought really should not be "I'll bung this fivers worth of stuff in a bag and call it a secret santa gift". If they were struggling to buy for you they could have just asked you a question. I don't get why someone would put in so little effort after signing up for it... :(

In fairness, they included the receipt, so i can see it all came to over £10. It's just the bottle of water was £4.50, the chocolate roman coin was £3 and the bar of soap was £3 as well i believe. If i was really hard to find online then i could understand, but about 30 seconds tells you nearly everything about me and i even posted a massive hint in here about a week before present purchases were done. I'm not even fussed now, the dismay has worn off. Just gotta hope the extra effort i put in for my santa makes it worthwhile and it's pretty good fun getting things i think they'll like.

Like devrij says though, think i've put more effort into this than family members so far haha.

Soldato
I'm hoping everyone has sent their gifts by now, there should be no exceptions!

I will have to say I haven't as yet - it's all here (arrived at 7pm on a saturday night from the rainforest)

It will be posted on Tuesday morning first thing (away on early morning flight on monday so can't post then)

Humble apologies - will confirm for certain on tuesday morning.

Soldato
Two of the three items shipped to me arrived and I've informed my SS.

Still tracking my item sent out, must be somewhere at the national hub by now and hopefully out for delivery in the week.

Back
Top Bottom