**** OcUK Secret Santa 2015 - Signup & Discussion Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Hoping the final part for my ss will show up today. Amazon seems to have been delayed shipping it.

Yeah i bought 8 things over black friday week. 7 were xmas pressies for my gf and they have all arrived. The one package I need before the 5th for my SS is the one with stock issues and will be delayed until the 9th. Typical lol

Soldato
/rambling thoughts

I'm not taking part this year, but in previous years I NEVER sent it buy the deadline (mainly because businesses were poor at getting stuff delivered to me), but I did always ensure that postage from me always got to them before Xmas (sometimes costing more than the presents themselves!). I think the postage thing should be relaxed a little if you are having trouble getting things delivered - RM Special delivery gives you until the 23rd (albeit this is really late and if your recipient isn't in, then you're screwed).

/rambling thoughts

Soldato
All mine are heading to me but a couple of bits are not going to be hear till 7th December, but victim will have it in plenty of time for xmas.

Soldato
Thought deadline for postage was the 12th for some reason, but I'm good either way as should be all done by the weekend.

Man of Honour
OP
/rambling thoughts

I'm not taking part this year, but in previous years I NEVER sent it buy the deadline (mainly because businesses were poor at getting stuff delivered to me), but I did always ensure that postage from me always got to them before Xmas (sometimes costing more than the presents themselves!). I think the postage thing should be relaxed a little if you are having trouble getting things delivered - RM Special delivery gives you until the 23rd (albeit this is really late and if your recipient isn't in, then you're screwed).

/rambling thoughts

i think the ~3 weeks between finding out who you've drawn and posting something to them is ample,
but if the general consensus is that people want longer than ~3 weeks that could be looked at for next year

Last edited:
Soldato
The rainforest keep on knocking back the delivery date for a part of my gift. Already been given 3 months of prime for free.

That does mean that the final part for my gift won't arrive until Friday. :(

They also said RM are having problems honoring the 24 hour delivery window atm.

Caporegime
The rainforest keep on knocking back the delivery date for a part of my gift. Already been given 3 months of prime for free.

That does mean that the final part for my gift won't arrive until Friday. :(

They also said RM are having problems honoring the 24 hour delivery window atm.

Yeah rainforest screwed me over. after 2 days they are now saying due to stock issues, Im not getting it till the 9th GRRRRRR.

Caporegime
i think the ~3 weeks between finding out who you've drawn and posting something to them is ample,
but if the general consensus is that people want longer than ~3 weeks that could be looked at for next year

Problem is i think a lot of people used Black Friday like me to make the moeny limit go further.

If you can buy a £50 item for £10 then better for the victim.

Shame rainforest seems to have dropped clangers this year :(

Soldato
Just had a notification from Amazon that another order (thankfully not a part of my SS gift) has been delayed by Approx 2 days due to delays at the "Princess Royal Distribution Centre".

Just thought i'd let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom