OCUK Soldier

Soldato
I wanted to join the army since i can remember, when i turned 17 i applied but unfortunatly due to medical reasons couldnt. So after 3 years later (and 3 minor heart operations later) i lost interest and carried on with my life. I got quite a good job working in a warehouse. After working there so many months i got really bored and had to think there was more to life than what i was doing. Eventually i made a good friend at work who was in the army for 8 years, he told me all about it. His regiment was the Coldstream Guards (the same as my dads) who also knew my dad, what a small world hey:)
Anyway this got my desire to have another go so i started training. I go to the gym 3 times a week, running 2 times a week, leaving me with 2 rest days (very important) so now i think my fitness is acceptable for the army.
I applied for the army in november (7 months ago) and ive nearly finished with the medical, once thats done all i got to do is the BARB Test, formal interview, another medical and then finally my ASDC.

The regiment i have chosen to join is the Coldstream Guards this is for a number of reasons:
My dad was in it so carrying on with the tradition
Mate at work made me very excited about it:p
Went for a 4 day look at life course with the coldstream guards
Watching trooping the colour

Among many other reasons im 100% sure that this is the regiment for me, and i cant wait to get into army life and get stuck in as it were.

Just thought id share that with you and ill keep you updated if interested on how im getting on with my application:)

Soldato
OP
Best of luck, hope it works out for you :)

I assume what's in the news at the moment hasn't put you off?

People i tell that im joining the army often ask me that what goes on in afganistan let alone going there hasnt put me off then. All i can say really is no it hasnt in the slightest, its what your trained for and if anything id be gutted if i didnt go out there. When i went to windsor barracks (1st battalions base) the lads that were left behind, really wanted to go. And i know thats how i would feel if i didnt get a chance to go, infact i would make a fuss and theyll have to send me out:p

Associate
People i tell that im joining the army often ask me that what goes on in afganistan let alone going there hasnt put me off then. All i can say really is no it hasnt in the slightest, its what your trained for and if anything id be gutted if i didnt go out there. When i went to windsor barracks (1st battalions base) the lads that were left behind, really wanted to go. And i know thats how i would feel if i didnt get a chance to go, infact i would make a fuss and theyll have to send me out:p

Good stuff! You're the sort of person this country needs more of. Best of British luck to you. Would be interested in how you get on.

Real Warrior > Keyboard warrior ;)

Soldato
Was out in afghan attached to the guards not along ago, good bunch of guys mate. Best of luck to you. Any questions about army life etc then feel free to message me.

Back
Top Bottom