OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

Freefaller said:
Acid - sorry to hear you won't make it - would have been good to see you again. Have fun! :)

Would be good but its a mates birthday, should be fun. Really have to try harder next time around, sumer and all should be some good stuff being organised hopfully..

Blah, + that cars to embarrasing.. Ill get overtaken by the moped owners Ha-Ha :p

Idea!, whens the next rolling road? stick it on the roller see if it can break 40bhp.. :o

Hello folks, let me introduce myself

My name is Alex, I'm planning (hoping) to be Rob's transport for this meet bringing my trusty blue Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8. Don't worry about issues with enough seating at the pub etc etc, am discussing all with Rob and will provide myself with packed lunch if there's no room - I know I'm getting in on this a bit late!

Just wanted to ask (and sorry if it's already been brought up in this thread, if so could someone point me to a page?), but I'm assuming that there aren't going to be oodles of passing opportunities along the planned route for the drive, so are there currently any thoughts about which order people will be going out in? Clearly my Cavalier will be somewhere towards the back - I wouldn't want to be holding up faster cars, so just interested to see what's planned on this count.

Cheers

Alex

PSX said:
Hello folks, let me introduce myself

My name is Alex, I'm planning (hoping) to be Rob's transport for this meet bringing my trusty blue Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8. Don't worry about issues with enough seating at the pub etc etc, am discussing all with Rob and will provide myself with packed lunch if there's no room - I know I'm getting in on this a bit late!

Just wanted to ask (and sorry if it's already been brought up in this thread, if so could someone point me to a page?), but I'm assuming that there aren't going to be oodles of passing opportunities along the planned route for the drive, so are there currently any thoughts about which order people will be going out in? Clearly my Cavalier will be somewhere towards the back - I wouldn't want to be holding up faster cars, so just interested to see what's planned on this count.

Cheers

Alex

alright Alex, i'm Rob's backup plan:p

Don't worry about issues with seating etc at the pub, the big table is booked for a maximum of 30 people, so it should be fine:)

The first part of the drive will be dual carriageway i think, so i'd imagine the people who want to drive quicker will head towards the front. :)

L0rdMike said:
Some1 who knows the route to the pub needs to be in front, they also need to set the pace. ;)

I think a few people have satnav, i'll just follow:p

A Reminder To Everyone

Quite a few of us don't know the roads around the area, so please drive sensibly at all times. The locals may speed off ahead, but only because they may know the road. Keep your thinking caps on.

I know that people will be sensible, just thought it needed to be said for people's safety.

I will echo Westys post, Dual carriageways are ok, but on the moor its a different matter.. not only do you have other cars, and the road.... you may also have car killing wildlife crossing, and THEY will have priority :/
Dont worry though... I am happy to bring up the rear (although my car is not slow!)
and satnav waypoints will be set for those that have it

I think we need to pick a few locations along the route to be used as Satnav waypoints :) Then as long as everyone knows which cars have Satnav they can pick somebody to follow.

Never driven there myself but think I know the whole way :)

Places like Widecombe are pretty well signposted.

Cavalier will shift if I 'coax' it.... with my right foot... but it's no rocket ship :)

I'll fill it with premium petrol ;)

Alex

-westy- said:
I think a few people have satnav, i'll just follow:p

A Reminder To Everyone

Quite a few of us don't know the roads around the area, so please drive sensibly at all times. The locals may speed off ahead, but only because they may know the road. Keep your thinking caps on.

I know that people will be sensible, just thought it needed to be said for people's safety.

but I drive a diesel focus, clearly the fastest, best handling car there :confused:

being serious, I do intend to give it some beans :o if I dont, iw ont move :eek:

Definitely up for some dashes on straight bits of moor! For the record, those who don't know already: premium will give your motor a bit of extra go! Try and run the tank right down before you put it in so you can really tell the difference - I've been told it 'should' make no difference, but I swear mine really wants to rev more when I use it!

Alex

PSX said:
Definitely up for some dashes on straight bits of moor! For the record, those who don't know already: premium will give your motor a bit of extra go! Try and run the tank right down before you put it in so you can really tell the difference - I've been told it 'should' make no difference, but I swear mine really wants to rev more when I use it!

Alex

its mostly psychological, but performance cars (scoobies, RX7's etc) do run better with higher RON fuel :)

Yeah I'm wary of people who go around telling me that Optimax is the best thing since sliced bread :) especially on non-performance engines. Certainly wouldn't recommend filling the entire tank with premium only to be burned up on the motorway trip down to exeter (though as luck has it, this is exactly what I will be doing since I only filled up last week).

Alex

Back
Top Bottom