OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

[TW]Fox said:
I must stress that we take heed of FakeSnakes warning about the moors.

Some parts of the Moors can carry 40mph limits. Please adhere to them if we find any - they are there becuase you can literally round a corner and find a horse.

It is a fantastically beautiful area though, especially if the weather is nice.
Yep I often drive through the new forest which is a 40 limit and the wildlife seem to be on kamikaze missions sometimes. Will be a large number of cars following each other so be carefull and drive safe. :)

what time do we think we will be finished? i will need to be back for 5.30 takes out 1.30 to get there any chance we wil be done by about 4ish?

Quick update for Rilot and Nobody916

Rilot just want to check this is ok with you.

I am meeting you in maccy d's car park at 9am then heading up the crediton way, where i am also metting Nobody916 is this ok with you rilot?

cheers guys

I'm a little strap of cash lately, just booked my holiday this week nad the week before renewed my car insurance (£939.70 TPFT). I'm going to piggymon's party so if any of you guys are going there see you there.
If anyone is thinking of organising a SE motor meetup I'm up for it.
The guys that are travelling from the SE, are you guys staying overnight or are you driving back in the evening?
Its a long drive according to AA route planner:

AA Route Planner Great Britain
Your route results

From Hackney
To Exeter,Devon
Distance 180.1 miles
Time 3 hr 43 min

wijcc said:
From Hackney
To Exeter,Devon
Distance 180.1 miles
Time 3 hr 43 min

That's assuming they will never venture over 70, from what I've heard some of the guys say on here I don't think that will be the case :)

Only 26 miles to me, will be just like going to work (well services are pretty much next door to work anyway) :(

Ev0 said:
That's assuming they will never venture over 70, from what I've heard some of the guys say on here I don't think that will be the case :)

Only 26 miles to me, will be just like going to work (well services are pretty much next door to work anyway) :(

haha not as close as me, i work l;iterally across the road, and live 1.6 miles away!!

ALSO... are we leaving a time limit on staying at the services? say 40mins? otherwise we could be there all day waiting for latecomers?

If you are not at the services by 11:40, you will be left behind!!!

L0rdMike said:
Im leaving Southampton at 8:30 ish so should get to the services on time. :D

Provided you don't get stuck behind the endless convoy of utter morons on the A31 who insist on following the car in front who insists on following the caravan at front with a gap of just 2mm meaning you've got to overtake 15 cars at once on the few long straight bits, when there will be a car coming the other way.

You can tell I did that exact trip yesterday, can't you :D

[TW]Fox said:
Provided you don't get stuck behind the endless convoy of utter morons on the A31 who insist on following the car in front who insists on following the caravan at front with a gap of just 2mm meaning you've got to overtake 15 cars at once on the few long straight bits, when there will be a car coming the other way.

You can tell I did that exact trip yesterday, can't you :D
I always hated this when I had my Fiesta as I didnt have the power to overtake in a safe way. ;)

[TW]Fox said:
One day I found a nice gap and safely overtook as it was on a dual carriageway.

The NIP hit the doormat a week later.
Im very happy to stick to speed limits but thats just silly how on earth am I ment overtake people safe with out maybe breaking the limit.

If you got some idiot doing 45 in a 50 or something how are you ment to overtake? do exactly 50 and hope no one comes along?

[TW]Fox said:
One day I found a nice gap and safely overtook as it was on a dual carriageway.

The NIP hit the doormat a week later.

The gits were on the bridge at the Deep Lane turn off this afternoon. The Pug 306 XSi driver that went past me at Mach 1 is probably going to have a brown envelope moment soon.

L0rdMike said:
Im leaving Southampton at 8:30 ish so should get to the services on time.

Like Fox says, that is a very frustrating bit of road made even worse by numpties. No wonder people think the Westcountry is the end of the world if they ever have to get here from Southampton :)

Back
Top Bottom