OcUK to stop selling Shuttles

Associate
Just called Ocuk to confirm details on SN45G and was told that they were out of stock on that model and will no longer be stocking Shuttles due to poor support from Shuttle.

They instead will be introducing 6 or 7 Aopen SFF cases instead.

Any thoughts on this?

What to go for now?

Soldato
:eek: I wonder if they've looked at revising there range of Soltek Qbic SFF systems. The ones they sell are a little past it, but some of there newer models look quite good. I also hope they don't even think about those gawd awful Abit SFFs with the stupid oil incense burners.:eek:

I just hope Hellomoto doesn't take this too badly, she seems to like speccing shuttles.

Soldato
Originally posted by PanchoVilla
Just called Ocuk to confirm details on SN45G and was told that they were out of stock on that model and will no longer be stocking Shuttles due to poor support from Shuttle.

They instead will be introducing 6 or 7 Aopen SFF cases instead.

Any thoughts on this?

What to go for now?

I know, mines caused probs with disks failing.....

Permabanned
I can't say i blame them. I love the boxes themselves, but Shuttle 'support' is trully appalling:( . When my sn41g2 died on me a couple of months ago i filled in the online RMA form (which shuttle did not make easy to find). It then took two months of 'reminder' e-mails to extract basically the following reply: 'Please contact your retailer'. As soon as the product is out of the factory shuttle don't seem to see it as their problem anymore. Thankfully the nice people at Oc-Uk sent me a shiny new shuttle, and judging by my experiences, they probably ended up footing the bill for it....So thumbs up Oc-Uk, big thumbs down shuttle:rolleyes:

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OcUK will be removing any product lines from manufacturers who are un-willing to meet our demands. We basically want to be able to sort out RMA issues within 3-days so that we can offer the best customer/tech/RMA services.

At the moment Shuttle can take as long as 6 weeks to get repaired/replaced which is greatly annoying to ourselves and customers.

As it is Shuttle are unwilling to get their act together and hence we are going to stop selling them on the basis of VERY poor support.

We shall be sticking with Asus, MSI and Aopen as these have all agreed to our terms. Soltek is still an unknown and therefor their future with OcUK is unknown for the moment.

Soldato
Originally posted by Gibbo
Hi there

OcUK will be removing any product lines from manufacturers who are un-willing to meet our demands. We basically want to be able to sort out RMA issues within 3-days so that we can offer the best customer/tech/RMA services.

Glad to hear you're putting the customer first Gibbo. Can I ask if any other product lines are going to be karboshed.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Mikey
So hopefully this will prompt Shuttle a little more to sort their support out.

Do they have a UK based office then?

As far as i could tell there is a 'european' office with no e-mail address...the links on the shuttle site just led me to dead ends. that might have changed now, but somehow i doubt it.

OcUK Staff
Originally posted by Tupac
But removing shuttles from your catalogue will make income dip?

No, yes we do sell quite a few, but we believe people will understand that if us (OcUK) are removing a product line it is for good reasons and as such they will seek an alternative and we are going to try to offer as many alternatives as possible.

From now on any manufacturers who are un-willing to turn our goods around within 3 days with brand new product we shall not be supporting. Fortunately due to our size and buying power all of the manufacturers and distribution channels we deal with are happy to do this in order to keep our business. :)
It's just the start to improving our levels of service to our customers, and as such in time anyone RMAing product should get an advance replacement with brand new product within a matter of days, that is our aim for our ENTIRE product range.

Soldato
This actually sounds like a very good move, anybody RMA'ing goods to you know that they will get a reasonable turn around time and not have to wait weeks and weeks.

I hate it when you buy new kit and you have to RMA it, ou usually end up buying another board and selling the RMA'd one on the MM once it comes back!

Great

HEADRAT

Soldato
Originally posted by Gibbo
No, yes we do sell quite a few, but we believe people will understand that if us (OcUK) are removing a product line it is for good reasons and as such they will seek an alternative and we are going to try to offer as many alternatives as possible.

From now on any manufacturers who are un-willing to turn our goods around within 3 days with brand new product we shall not be supporting. Fortunately due to our size and buying power all of the manufacturers and distribution channels we deal with are happy to do this in order to keep our business. :)
It's just the start to improving our levels of service to our customers, and as such in time anyone RMAing product should get an advance replacement with brand new product within a matter of days, that is our aim for our ENTIRE product range.

The joy of being a large account with the manufacturers :D

Good to see that OcUK is able to place pressure on manufacturers to improve.

Back
Top Bottom