OCUK's new website

Associate
Haven't used it much yet (not as much as the old site in the same time - that should be a clue) but the "this week only" section is a disaster compared with the old one. Previously could load all offers into single compact page - ordered by type of item, and quickly scroll through the lot. Now... ugh.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
The search doesn't work. Really not a fan of the site :(. Just placed an order for 2 lots of ram but I was trying to search for thermaltake last night and it returned everything but thermaltake so I gave up and bought that elsewhere.

we dont sell thermaltake. so thats why it doesnt show up.

Associate
Its ok but...

Nice to see a fresh design but....

Have your web designers not heard of responsive design? Its 2015. Your website does not scale to fit in my browser window. So my opinion of this shiny new site is that its awful.

Associate
Honestly i think i preferred the older design it was kind of overclockers brand that the site looked old but was very functional.

Are you guys aware that chrome is flagging overclockers SSL as using obsolete cryptography?
B4tWD9r.png

Soldato
Honestly i think i preferred the older design it was kind of overclockers brand that the site looked old but was very functional.

Are you guys aware that chrome is flagging overclockers SSL as using obsolete cryptography?
B4tWD9r.png

Was just about to say so myself. The design is fixable but an outdated cipher? Oh dear. :p

8923c45c1cbeb1e7d94cf6da1e5fd8ad.png

Soldato
From a development point of view, I can appreciate the amount of time some poor web developer will have spent on the new site. Still, even for a site as large as OcUK, 2 years is a huge amount of time - really, there should be zero bugs.

My initial impression is that the site has far too much going on now. I'm almost stressed when I load the homepage - there is literally (for myself) too much going on.

Other minor things as a developer I notice that bugs me: none concatenated css files, inline JavaScript, none concatenated and minified JavaScript files. Personally, for a so called "mega menu" of that site, I'd look into content source ordering. Also ajax only urls should be accessible via ajax only i.e. I shouldn't be able to access https://www.overclockers.co.uk/CkCutOff from the address bar :)

Product page is 1000% better designed - kudos on that front.

Note had a chance to go through it all though.

I can also see some poor soul has 301 redirected all their old Urls to the new format - kudos for the effort there :)

As for the cluttered issue, personally I'll just make a custom user style to tweak/hide various elements. Personally hate all the gradients.

Really do hate to say this, but I did prefer the last version much more :|

V F

V F

Soldato
From a development point of view, I can appreciate the amount of time some poor web developer will have spent on the new site. Still, even for a site as large as OcUK, 2 years is a huge amount of time - really, there should be zero bugs.

My initial impression is that the site has far too much going on now. I'm almost stressed when I load the homepage - there is literally (for myself) too much going on.

This almost stresses you out? :eek: How absurd. I'd hate to imagine seeing you if something does stress you out.

Soldato
This almost stresses you out? :eek: How absurd. I'd hate to imagine seeing you if something does stress you out.

Stressed out as in there is far too much going on. The homepage loads up and I immediately think, right wtf do I do now. Purely from a design point of view, some white space is always good.

I've already written a quick user style to remove some of this clutter :)

Soldato
Hi there

This Week Only now just displays a list of products so you can scroll through all the deals on one page. :)

Yes. That was totally the only important part of the last 24 pages of feedback :p
Delete the caseking copy/paste and either bring back the old site or make a decent new one :(

Associate
I've been using it over the past few days to spec builds for a couple of friends and I like using it now. Nowhere near as bad as people on here are making out!

Soldato
Just browsed the site for the first time since I ordered a load of gear to upgrade my rig a few weeks ago. Christ! If it had been like this at the time it would have definitely put me off. Everything is too big and in your face and far to cluttered. If there was a picture of Jeff Stelling somewhere on the page I'd assume I was somehow watching Sky Sports News on my web browser, what with all the side bars and superfluous info floating about. And I really dislike the hover-over effects, borders etc. Make of this what you will.

Back
Top Bottom