OCUK's new website

Associate
I've been using it over the past few days to spec builds for a couple of friends and I like using it now. Nowhere near as bad as people on here are making out!

The window pop up every time you add something to basket asking if you want to carry on shopping or goto basket doesnt bother you ?

Not to mention being able to remove things without going to your basket directly.

Caporegime
I've grown used to it now.

Its OK but I prefer the old site.

I expect OcUK have got more business now because of the amount of people who would previously enter the site and leave immediately because of the out-dated feel.

I can personally confirm that the customer service is the same, as is the Haribo distribution. :)

Associate
I ran a £multi-mil ecommerce store for 5 years and over 50% of our traffic was tablet/mobile so responsive/mobile friendliness was crucial. Granted OcUK visitors are likely more desktop than tablet/mobile but that's still a big chunk of lost conversions (revenue).

Old site was spot on for mobile devices.

Associate
I've grown used to it now.

Its OK but I prefer the old site.

I expect OcUK have got more business now because of the amount of people who would previously enter the site and leave immediately because of the out-dated feel.

I can personally confirm that the customer service is the same, as is the Haribo distribution. :)

I didnt get no Haribo with my £120 PSU or my GTX 670 a couple years back, I even made a post about it, was quite amusing. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit
Found it

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24731618&postcount=226

Associate
TBH I really like it, used it a few times and have had no problems whatsoever, I prefer the way finding things work aswell.

Associate
Associate
Once you have found #404 that wasn't your browser cache problem. However full refresh ([Ctrl] + [F5]) makes you see the website in working order faster - as you replace old cookies (left in your PC) with new ones :)
Anyway, #404 - probably that was temporary server issue :)

Associate
I did a paypal order on boxing day and not sure it went through, I've sent them a web note.

What's strange is that I got a page which was all in German!

Associate
The design is OK. Prefer the old cleaner one. But the way its effected the service is horrible. The last 2 things I've bought have shown in stock only to never get dispatched. I then contact you guys and get told its been allocated to other orders yet still its showing in stock on the website, and no one's contacted me to let me know. Ordered a new case yesterday for a build I was doing today and got dispatch email last night.....only for DPD to contact me this morning to tell me they haven't got the parcel from you guys. Basically terrible service since new website. At this stage its hard to see why I should keep ordering with you. Certainly wouldn't recommend to others at the moment.

Associate
I'm not a fan of the new site at all, I really miss the bar down the left hand side. It made it so much easier to browse and find what you need.

FuF

FuF

Associate
Only used it a few times, but it seems to do the same function as before with a few more bells and whistles. And looks a lot more modern I guess. Being a bit conservative I may not agree that the change was needed, but hey, not my website :D

Associate
I tried to choose an alternative (and existing) delivery address on my order at the weekend and the website just kept on giving an error. In the end I had to retype the alternate delivery address into the order, even though it's present on the saved addresses. Bit of a shambles really.

Soldato
Just been looking for a new itx motherboard, why can I not filter by form factor?
Such basic functionality totally missing which all of your competitors have and more, its a very poor design choice to limit the filter options to basically nothing.

But hey on the plus side at least I click on a nice large picture of Lara Croft on the left of my screen which I'm not interested in one little bit, and which takes up 2/3rds of screen space.

Btw bought an ITX motherboard from elsewhere in about 10 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom