OCUK's new website

Soldato
Looks like some sort of college kid project, old site was way better IMO, less cluttered and more intuitive to browse, this version is all over the place.

Apart from that it's fine.

Associate
I like the potential of this new modern site, I know from the launch of any new site most people are slow to warm to it but come around once tweaked a little.

This new launch explains why for the past week I couldn't access the news section, was in archived mode and no longer updated.

• Front page would feel polished if it wasn't let down by the grey background not matching the side banners at 1440p+ - example image.
  • Not sure why some items show as "20 in stock" when others show as "10+ in stock" - example image.
  • My orders screen only goes back until 8th October 2014, my PC is older than that and when I need to order replacements I click there. Example, correct fittings where it's important I get this right. And it says in white "Sort orders by date" but no other option is possible??
  • Overlayed brief description on products at 3-lines cuts off the already short summary on the product page at the top, sometimes by 3 words and doesn't look right.

-Otherwise good to see the list overview for free items on products and stock count to cut down on clicks.
-Oh, a wishlist :cool:
-Don't mind the larger list view that was really optimised for PC, on mobile you needed to zoom in then select which can be tricky on the move. Also, Component list on left panel has larger padding making navigation easier and clearer where you are.
-Search bar showing the listed item instead of suggestion of keyword.
-Top sellers tab in each category helpful for those too shy to ask on the forum, they don't know what they are missing ;)

Soldato
One of the worst experiences I have had in a long time I will not be using overclockers for some time unless things change was to frustrating buggy slow and looked horrid.

Associate
It seems a lot of these companies with typically "outdated"designs feel the need to completely reinvent their website just to fit in with the current style. Stop it, please. If an overwhelming amount of people aren't complaining, then don't change it. It's ridiculous and only weakens your brand. Honestly I would love to know the thought process behind some of these decisions. Terrible, no other word for it.

Caporegime
Tried the site a lot today, works fine on my desktop buy is awful on my iphone,ipad Kindle Fire and my daughter's Asus tablet.

Still thoroughly dislike the new look, seems to me to be very similar to the parent companies site, probably done to save cost which is understandable but I suspect that saving may well be undone via lost sales.

Last edited:
Associate
Went to pull the trigger on a couple of SSDs I was eyeing and ended up buying them on the MM instead. It's horrific! It's busy and cluttered, hard to navigate and you don't know where to look when you first load the page.

But for me, a big draw of OcUK when I first started buying here many years ago was the UI. Competitor sites were very busy, lots of shiny graphics and too many links, buttons and promotions. OcUK just felt... honest. Different from the other sites in every good way. Now not only is it noticeably harder to navigate, but it just feels like another hardware site. Just browsing the site used to be a fun experience, I always enjoyed speccing up PCs for friends on here (must have spent thousands in total for the number I've built), now it's frankly unpleasant.

I'll be honest, this will almost certainly effect my choice of where to buy. I never bothered to even check competitors before because I felt loyal and confident in OcUK and much preferred the site. Now if the site's going to be unpleasant to use, I might go with someone else more often.

Soldato
Well I errr... guess Silverstone doesn't exist anymore?

CkhEeLV.png

In all seriousness, I searched for Silverstone which worked fine, then I selected cables which also worked fine.
The issues was once I clicked low-high, came up with no results.

just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, if a mod could please delete this post and ill pearoast it in the bug report one.

Permabanned
Take it down? NO!

Tweak it? Of course it will be tweaked and polished over coming weeks.

I don't think any company has ever launched a new from the ground up website and got it perfect straight away. :)

But you would expect the fundamental process of purchasing at time to work. ;)

Soldato
It looks ******g disgusting. Absolutely terrible.

AT_squirrel.jpg.gif

Soldato
Well, after a more of a play I still really don't like it.

I have a conversation with one of people who worked on it and they have put some excellent points across about some things that have been implemented.

It's just far too busy, a lot of things are repeated and there are too many colours. Hopefully they will strip it down a little!

Soldato
Sooo... How do I use the basket tool on this new website? Considering I no longer have a basket.. Seem to have a rainforest like 'Wishlist'

In the Basket page (top-right), look for a BBCode button. Press, copy the output, and it will look something like this when pasted:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £69.65
(includes shipping: £9.66)

Soldato
Doesn't work, I've just tried to buy Promo 250GB 850 EVO SSD and I'm just in a loop, I click on "I have read your Terms and Conditions and agree" but I can't checkout.

Nice :(

Well ascetics apart I can't order anything, no error message :(

I press "Proceed to Payment" but it just returns to the payments page and the "I have read your Terms and Conditions and agree" checkbox.

Back
Top Bottom