*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Man of Honour
It's launch day for the Quest 2!

With many of us receiving our shiny new headsets today, please feel free to submit the obligatory ***It's here!*** post in here :p

Please use this thread to discuss everything about your Quest 2, from first impressions to ongoing experiences, issues, advice and accessory/game recommendations. It's my intention that this can become a valuable place for owners to share information, as well as assisting those who are thinking about dipping in to make well informed decisions.

Find the leak/pre-release hype thread here.

Man of Honour
OP
Hi guys had a play around with the ipd and found that you can adjust in between the three settings. 2 is okay for me with a slight irritating blur on the corner. However you can move the adjustment between 1 and 2. 2 and 3 I found my sweet spot with no issues just before it clicks in to number 2. No blur. Thanks for the earlier reply

You mean you're setting it between the presets?

Man of Honour
OP
given how well virtual desktop works the quest3 is likely to move to wifi pcvr, it's surprisingly good.
I think soon after link is out of beta they'll start a beta for air link. Would be surprised if they upgrade to quest 3 or whatever within 18 months again, I hope they'll be pushing very hard on this as the technology is there. I think once standard link is stamped and out the door, there'll be that slack in the marketing to push wireless to officially being in beta without it seeming like everything they're doing is beta.
Reading a few people saying that a battery pack can't charge it as fast as it discharges. So a huge pack may not be better than a smaller one you can comfortably use as a counter weight.

Well, I've seen my battery percentage increase while playing using an unremarkable Anker 3m cable I use to charge my phone (works with fast charge), so it's definitely possible to charge the quest faster than it draws from my experience. The same can't be said for my experience with Link to a PC, although this cable is seriously substandard for data as it detects as USB 2 and doesn't push more than 300mbps.

Man of Honour
OP
If you're using link and you're browsing the store, I think it's browsing PCVR apps. I think... Makes sense to me at least, although I am very new to all this malarkey!

:edit: oh, am I right in reading that there's an install on headset option even when using link? Maybe best to keep my mouth shut as I'm clearly clueless :o

Back
Top Bottom