1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Zefan, 13 Oct 2020.

1. Zefan

Don

It's launch day for the Quest 2!

With many of us receiving our shiny new headsets today, please feel free to submit the obligatory ***It's here!*** post in here :p

Please use this thread to discuss everything about your Quest 2, from first impressions to ongoing experiences, issues, advice and accessory/game recommendations. It's my intention that this can become a valuable place for owners to share information, as well as assisting those who are thinking about dipping in to make well informed decisions.

Find the leak/pre-release hype thread here.

2. Zefan

Don

I'm expecting delivery of my Quest 2 this afternoon. With this being my first VR device, I'm pretty excited!

I believe the first person to receive on the forum is @TheOracle

Very nice :cool:

3. andybird123

Capodecina

I ordered mine at 5pm last night, arrived 9am this morning.

4. chroniclard

Capodecina

Ours waiting at the post office to collect. :)

5. Unseul

Mobster

It's here! So much for delivery on Thursday!

Only issue is... I need to work :(. Blooming work, blooming money... started setup, left it on charge whilst doing so. Will get through the urgent stuff quickly and try it out.

First problem I've come across though, I'm a damp human being, give off lots of condensation. I've already had to wipe the condensation off the lenses twice. And it doesn't come with a microfibre towel, which is irritating.

EDIT - The box is smaller than I expected too!

6. CrackDown

Associate

Ordered mine from the £20 discount site and it's on its way via DHL. I'm "working" today... but have booked tomorrow off. Can't wait!

7. Dano

Sgarrista

Once it warms up the fogging should stop and a simple fan pointed at you should pretty much negate it happening at all.

8. Ravenger

Mobster

Mine is out for delivery. Should get it this afternoon. Working from home, so won't be able to try it properly until tonight, but I'll get it setup ready. Already had to merge my Oculus account with a new Facebook one (I really wish that wasn't necessary), so should be just a matter of adding the headset in the Oculus app, updating and taking it from there.

9. Unseul

Mobster

Just played some of the first steps/contact whatever it's called. Only hit the lampshade twice. Once hitting the swinging ball, and the second time, trying to smash a rocket with the table tennis bat...

Loving it so far.

10. McPhee

Soldato

Neat tip (maybe; I haven't tried it yet as this will be my first VR experience, but I've seen it mentioned a few places):

Stick a textured mat on the floor, like a bathroom floor mat or something. That way, you can feel when you're not where you're meant to be in the room. Saves crashing in to furniture.

I'll be giving this a go later using the nipper's foam tiles. Not got much space to play.

11. Ravenger

Mobster

Best thing about the Quest is you're not tied to a PC or one room. You can take it to huge areas and experience full roomscale, which is an incredible experience.

12. chorse

Gangster

I'll never preorder again. Once burnt twice shy.

(early tesla reservation holder!)

13. melmac

Sgarrista

Good luck to all you guys who get their Quest 2 today.

Can't wait to read your first impressions :)

14. Unseul

Mobster

I've adjusted the lounge rug for that, but it's not going to move where the light is...

15. chroniclard

Capodecina

I just wrapped our whole lounge in 5 layers of bubble wrap.

16. hozzdutch

Associate

I ordered mine on Friday with the Oculus Link (horribly overpriced and glorified USB C cable) still waiting for shipping confirmation :-(
    I'm moving from an Oculus Rift CV1 so I'm expecting much clearer displays. Also looking forward to putting away the external sensors!

17. MrClippy

Gangster

I'm a first time VR user and HOLY **** this is amazing! just setting up the thing is beautiful, its beating me up with its premium design. I don't even have headphones plugged in and jeepers!

I'm telling everyone to get one now. haha. ah geez... I'm 38 going on 16 again, life is wonderful!

[​IMG]

18. CrackDown

Associate

Nooo, just got a DHL text to say estimated between 7-8pm!!! Waaah, waaah!

19. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Anyone running virtual desktop let us know what the performance is like

20. mrgubby

Soldato

Had an email from the forest that it'll be with me by 1:30pm.

And I'm sitting on a cancelled train in London and can't get home :(