Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
This has seriously interested me.

Will be interested to hear your thoughts on 3D movie playback. Thought my PSVR was pretty poor at that, too low quality and never felt like I was really sat inside a cinema.

Soldato
Will be interested to hear your thoughts on 3D movie playback. Thought my PSVR was pretty poor at that, too low quality and never felt like I was really sat inside a cinema.

My Oculus Go is excellent for 3D movies, and I've got a bunch of them I can try for the Quest. I'll post my impressions when I've tried watching some.

Soldato
Should be even better on the quest with a higher res screen and oled blacks.

It'll be interesting to compare, that's for sure. Colours and blacks will be better, but will the RGB stripe of the Go display offset the slightly higher resolution of the Quest? I'll know soon. (Hopefully)

Associate
I ordered from amazon and I'm still awaiting shipping notification - they better hurry if I'm to received it by 11am tomorrow as promised.

Soldato
I ordered from amazon and I'm still awaiting shipping notification - they better hurry if I'm to received it by 11am tomorrow as promised.

Mine's showing delivery by 11pm tomorrow. Hope they don't try that time, as I'll be at home in bed. :rolleyes: Not been despatched yet. :mad:

Soldato
Mine's a locker pickup locally so I won't get it until Wednesday! I'm out tomorrow night to see the new John Wick movie so wouldn't get a chance to try it anyway.

Enjoy your one when it arrives :cool:

Also, if you have any tips on what games to buy after playing it tomorrow let me know. I'm planning on getting Robo Recall and Ultrawings. I'll try a few of the demos that come with it to see what I think of the others. Beat Saber and Super Hot are tempting. Guess I'll probably try out Vader:Immortal as well. I'm keen to see some reviews on Dead and Buried as I'd like a multiplayer shooter to play on the quest. Moss I've never played though I hear good things so might wishlist it an wait for a sale. Maybe Space Pirate Trainer as well.

There's actually quite a lot of games I'm contemplating buying for it! In the event I run out of money there's always Rec Room, Pokerstars VR and VRChat to pass the time :D

Last edited:
Associate
Mine's showing delivery by 11pm tomorrow. Hope they don't try that time, as I'll be at home in bed. :rolleyes: Not been despatched yet. :mad:

Yes, you're quite right, mine actually says 11pm as well. Although I hope they manage sooner as its being delivered to an office. I read in the Rift S thread that some people have received notification from Amazon that their deliveries have been put back till the 27th :(.

Associate
UK mail tracking say mine is now between 12-1pm

Sorted!
Will download few demos and free stuff but already bought the full Beat Sabre game as know what it's like

Soldato
Still waiting for mine to be delivered. I've been watching the tracking data and it seems like I've got a driver who likes having the odd half-hour kip. :rolleyes:

Associate
Thought it was one of those adaptors with a flip out earth pin. I'd get her to send you a picture, you know what women are like :D

she assures me it was just like a youtube unboxing from a couple of weeks ago and was not a UK charger, no flip out pin and the pins were too thin for the a UK socket. Either way she is sending it back, getting a refund and has already ordered one from Currys to pick up tomorrow! Time will tell about the charger :)

Soldato
Mine's arrived! Can't set it up here at work as we don't have a public wi-fi I can use to download updates and games. I have powered it up and the screens look very nice. The screen door effect is more noticeable than the Go, but it looks very crisp compared to the Rift.

The carry case is amazingly compact. It's going to make it very easy to cart it around.

The controllers feel much lighter than the Rift, but aren't as well balanced due to the ring being up the top. You can nearly let go of the Rift controllers, but these you definitely have to grip.

Associate
I've had chance to have a quick go. Having had a psvr, this all in one device is impressive. Like what I've played around with so far. A bit of faff with the straps and it's quite top heavy after a while, but I've not made it fit perfectly yet.

Only played robo recall for the first time, that was harder than I thought, and beat saber.

Much prefer the untethered option already though.

Back
Top Bottom