Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
What does everyone use as cable management for the link cable on the headset? I've been getting into Onward via link and having the cable dangling down is killing the immersion

BTW, Onward is getting a native Quest port. Playing these sorts of games without wires will make such a huge difference.

Soldato
BTW, Onward is getting a native Quest port. Playing these sorts of games without wires will make such a huge difference.

It really does... I play it using VD wifi streaming at the moment and it's just so much better. So often after crouching down i'd try to stand back up and be on the wire, very annoying.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
^ Excellent!

All we need now are multiple accounts/users on the Quest, so game saves/progress/high scores are stored per account/user, and perfect!

Soldato
Why on earth would you want that :confused: when you can buy a shiny new Quest for each person that uses it :D
Joking aside I'm bemused how we don't have it.

Try playing through the campaign of a game, with two different people, at different times... and...? If they could select User X and User Y and the games saves were per account? Sorted!

Soldato
Got the new update yesterday. Pretty nice! Nearly had a heart attack when I plugged my Quest into my PC's USB C port to update some sidequest apps and it didn't turn on. I thought the port had fried the thing for a minute! Luckily holding down the power button for 20 secs forced a reboot.

The new virtual desktop beta update is pretty amazing. The touch controller jittering is gone, and the video quality seems pretty good. I was getting some framedrops with Alyx so I need to see if dropping the graphics quality will help, but it's a huge improvement.

Associate
Was ready to buy from the rainforest today as i have some time off over easter (holiday got cancelled :/) and some vouchers, thought one of these would keep me somewhat sane. Doesnt seem to be in stock anywhere doh

Soldato
The new virtual desktop beta update is pretty amazing. The touch controller jittering is gone, and the video quality seems pretty good. I was getting some framedrops with Alyx so I need to see if dropping the graphics quality will help, but it's a huge improvement.

Just updated to VD 1.11.2 beta the latest beta version and spent nearly 2 hrs playing Alyx this afternoon its a wonderful experience. Pretty sure the quality rate has improved too judging by the stats in the VD console. Been playing it on High might try Ultra tomorrow as when played on 1.10 it stuttered. Even the boundary works perfectly now and warns you just like playing a native Quest game. Virtual Desktop (sidequest version) is a godsend for the Quest.

Back
Top Bottom