Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
I don’t think oculus funding all cross play titles is financially viable.

Developing for the quest is a world different and not a simple port over.

Developers deserve the money from the success and popularity their games get.

I do think oculus specifically should have every game they release be crossplay if it’s quest compatible though.

I still want to see if they can somehow port over lone echo or one of the newer games. If they can with a bit of artistic change, then wow.

Soldato
Oculus should encourage crossbuy by taking a smaller cut for crossbuy games.

Also for Oculus, crossbuy is a great advertising feature. Rift owners with Quests with crossbuy titles will immediately have a library of games to show off the headset to others.

Soldato
OP
It's on the lens covers you have to peel off before using it too.
Just cancelled my original order and put it on my Very account as there is £30 off £300 at the moment with free Collect+ delivery :D

You can get the Rift S for the same but only use the offer once.

Last edited:
Soldato
I might get the headphone adapters printed. My Quest will be living in a travel case, so not sure how well they would fit in there though.

I had confirmation from Oculus that my Quest case is being prepared for despatch. I did have an order for the Quest from them but it was showing a delayed estimated depsatch date so ordered from a supplier where I have free one-day delivery that's guaranteed on release day.

Soldato
Just cancelled my original order and put it on mt Very account as there is £30 off £300 at the moment so £369.99 with free Collect+ delivery :D

That's a good price!

Personally though I'll pay the extra for ordering through Amazon as they make returns easy in the event of any issues. Plus I can do locker pickup which i find way more convenient.

Was watching some of the Quest rec room footage on YouTube. Looks good other than the shadows being a bit blocky. Disappointed rec royale isn't available at launch though.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Game prices leaked :eek:

$29.99
Sports Scramble
Journey of the Gods
Dance Central
Moss
Beat Saber
Robo Recall: Unplugged
Creed
BoxVR

$24.99
I Expect You To Die
The Exorcist Legion VR Complete Series
SUPERHOT VR

$19.99
Face Your Fears 2
Shadow Point
Dead and Buried 2
Job Simulator
Thumper
Apex Construct
Tilt Brush
Racket Fury: Table Tennis
RUSH
Virtual Desktop

$14.99
Ballista
Virtual Virtual Reality
Ultrawings
Space Pirate Trainer
Fruit Ninja VR
Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs
Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes
VR Karts
Drop Dead: Duel Strike

$9.99
Vader Immortal
Nature Treks
Ocean Rift
National Geographic VR Explore
Guided Tai Chi
Wander
Apollo 11

Free
VRChat
Bogo
Bigscreen Beta
Rec Room
PokerStars VR
First Contact
Epic Roller Coasters
Bait!
YouTube VR
Oculus Gallery
Oculus TV
Oculus Video
Oculus Browser
SKYBOX
Sling TV

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-launch-lineup-game-price/

Associate
Game prices leaked
Leaked? The devs provided the prices to Oculus who provided them to Upload :p

Can anyone else not believe that Sports Scramble is $30? I'm sure I read that not all the modes will be there until summer also. Wowzers! I thought it would have been in the $10 tier.

Soldato
Yeah, some of the games are way more expensive than I thought they would be! I think I might just try out the demos and rec room, VR Chat and PokerstarsVR for a while until i see something I want on sale. Definitely want to see some reviews first to see what's recommended.

Robo Recall (assuming the port is decent) and Beat Saber are top of my buy list though so I'll probably give in and get them at launch. Might also pick up Ultrawings seeing as it isn't that expensive.

Most of the others ones I want I'll probably wait for a sale. SuperhotVR I'd recommend to anyone but I have it for PSVR and it's really short though I'd probably buy it again but not for £25. Vader: Immortal might be worth a look for under a tenner.

What games is everyone else planning on getting?

Last edited:
Soldato
What hurts is some games 'coincidentally' going out of Early Access on the same day as the Quest/Rift S launch and jacking up their prices. (Box VR and Beat Saber).

I'm probably going to wait for a sale to get those and some of the other non-crossbuy games. I already have a fair selection of cross-buy games to play, so I'll probably only pick up Vader Immortal at launch.

Soldato
They're being pretty cheeky but I guess Oculus figure they have a captive market and want to give developers some leeway to recoup their costs for porting the games across and enabling cross-by on some titles.

Plus I suspect Oculus are likely making very little margin on each headset sold, given the $400 asking price, so it's not surprising to see them gouging folk for the games.

Last edited:
Associate
What carry case is everyone getting? Are you going for the official Oculus one or have you found a decent 3rd party one. I watched Mike's (VRO) video on cases and thought I'd go for the Lowepro CS200 but can't find it anywhere for a decent price anymore, they sold out fast.

Soldato
What carry case is everyone getting? Are you going for the official Oculus one or have you found a decent 3rd party one. I watched Mike's (VRO) video on cases and thought I'd go for the Lowepro CS200 but can't find it anywhere for a decent price anymore, they sold out fast.

I'm going for the official one as it's very compact, but with enough room for a battery pack. Seems just the right size to go inside a rucksack too. The other cases are a bit bulky. I have an unofficial one for the Oculus Go, as that has enough room for a Gamepad, battery pack and other accessories.

On a different note, I see the amount of games on sale on the Oculus store has dropped dramatically over the last few days. I guess developers are hoping to make some extra money from new Quest and Rift S owners.

Soldato
OP

Going to see if the one I bought (and never used) for my PSVR fits.

Soldato

I fancy the official Oculus one. For a case I always find I need the most compact case possible.

For example, in my backpack I can envisage carrying my Oculus Quest, Nintendo Switch, headphones and Ipad.

The other cases looked way too bulky. They reminded me of my camera bag which I have. Sure its a nice bag to carry around if I'm only using my camera, but I've actually never went out with just my camera. I'm usually going to the gym with it, going to an event with it, or going to work and carrying it with me too.

Back
Top Bottom