Oculus Rift

Associate
You can just get cloth covers fairly cheap and cotton makes such a difference. The only issue I have is that it tickles my nose a little which can be distracting...

I've just upped my supersampling to 1.5 and oh my days...why isn't that the standard setting? No going back now, it's virtually as good as my monitors.

Associate
Indeed, SS makes a huge difference if you have the rig to support it :)

I've "only" got a 980ti...can't believe the difference.

i7 950 @ 3.06GHz (OC'd to 3.99GHz) H100i AIO Cooler
12GB RAM @ 1366
980ti
Running with SSD's

The mobo is 5yrs old now but it's still ticking along...

The "PC doesn't meet minimum specs" message in Oculus store is annoying though.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick Question...

Anybody got any novel storage/transport solutions for their Rift/Sensors etc. I ask because I sent the original box back when I RMA'd my sensor (bit of a mix up over the instructions)...so now I don't have it. I've also got the extra sensor and touch, but there doesn't seem to be any 3rd party specific storage solutions maybe because the original box is so good. I'm looking for something for storage and to transport it around on occasion, protection is more important than it being lightweight.

Associate
The only thing I can see searching around is hardshell camera cases, but they only just fit the HMD once you start reading reviews...I might get one of those heads just to have somewhere to keep it short term. No plans to travel with it in the near future. I've escalated my oculus ticket in the hope they can send me a replacement box as they admitted the instructions didn't clearly state they couldn't return my packaging, and every message that came was to "send it back in your box"... they just didn't mean the original one. Pretty gutted I've lost it tbh.

Associate
I received my Rift replacement last Friday and I'm happy to report it's a keeper, no issues thank goodness :) Hopefully we can get some MP VR sessions going soon, well when the extra hot weather is over!

Associate
are any of you guys Jonnylive88 on Oculus? Just got a friend request, not sure who it is though.

Yeah looks like I have an invite from the same person?

Sorry I couldn't get on till late, the little one took a while to get down so by the time I had dinner it was gone 9:30. Around now though if anyone has any suggestions?

It's a pain you cannot message anyone in home, unless I've missed that functionality.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same, though the weather has kept me away this past week.

The Echo Arena beta has just gone live though, and is open to everyone: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1465144123574255/

Yeah I've been seeing some videos on this. Might have to download it and give it a go once the little one is asleep

I tried this yesterday and will try it again later today, not sure it's the game for me. The single player version of it looks great though. The beta hasn't grabbed me the same way Robo Recall or Superhot or Rec room did. I did enjoy the calibration modules(Tutorial)

Maybe it's just that I was so bad at it. I just played one game so far, most of that time I spent stuck in the tubes leading to the arena. When I did actually make the playing arena I was like an idiot :) Most the game was spent chasing the ball, arriving long after it left. My normal location was stuck on a side wall somewhere far away from the action.

My problem is, that I don't know if the multiplayer version of the game is going to be good enough to put the effort into getting better at it.

Soldato
Did anyone ever claim the johnny live request? I have it as well.

Gave echo arena a go and really enjoyed it. Nearly fell over once or twice, but surprisingly the movement didn't make me feel sick at all. Once you start getting the hang of it, it gets really good. Just wish you could do a quick 180 degree spin by hitting down on the right thumb stick. We had a guy with a ridiculous ping and it totally messed up the game. Serious lag meaning he steals the disc out of your hand long after you've thrown it down the arena. Like 5 seconds long.

Back
Top Bottom