Oculus Rift

Soldato
tried echo again today and still completely rubbish! Ah well, the single player looks really good.

And still don't know who johnny live is??

Associate
I'm pretty rubbish as well but I still really enjoyed it. I think it could be cool to get us all together as a team when the full release it out and be rubbish together :D

Soldato
How much space do you need for it?
Not loads, but it helps to be able to lunge to the side to grab a disc that is being thrown past you. And yes to the team idea!

I think this is a bit like rocket league in that it has a lot of repeatability and a skill curve. Probably the first VR game where I thought I could play it long term

Associate
Loads of CV1's going on eBay for roughly £450 with touch controllers, really tempted. That said the Vive is going for just over £500...

Which would you guys go for if buying again?

Space is an issue for me and I'll be setting it up the living room and would rather not have sensors everywhere so the Mrs doesn't nag me!

Associate
If you are mainly going to be sitting or standing then get the Rift. If you are planning to go for a full-room setup then get the Vive.

Or get a 3rd sensor and do full room like me :) plus until the new vive controls come out , the current ones are no where near as good as touch (I have rift and vive) , plus I find rift more comfortable and clearer

Don
Or get a 3rd sensor and do full room like me :) plus until the new vive controls come out , the current ones are no where near as good as touch (I have rift and vive) , plus I find rift more comfortable and clearer

I use the 3rd sensor setup myself, but out of the box I would pick the Vive for room-scale as you don't need to faff with so many USB ports. The lighthouse system is also a more elegant solution than the cameras.

Soldato
Same here, spent a couple of hours in Elite Dangerous on Sunday stability testing the new rig, misses had a good laugh at my VR face :D
Write a review when you get them please. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Gladly, will do a wee video for you to get a better look. And yes, VR face from robo recall made my missus think I had hit my forehead on something.

Back
Top Bottom