Oculus Rift

Soldato
I've crossed a barrier!

Something has clicked, and I don't get motion sickness in driving games anymore! I was flying around Imola in PCARS in Formula A, drifting about in a classic mustang, no problems. Even crashing was fine. My missus couldn't take more than a few seconds on PCARS so it's definitely an immunity thing.

I attribute this in part to playing Onwards for an hour yesterday which has free movement.

So, to those of you that get it as bad as I did, you will get through it, and exposure through less intense games seemed to help me.
Good to hear :)
I returned my first rift within 4 days back in Aug due to nearly puking and balance issues for days after
I since read up online and repurchased another,small doses of comfort demos/games seems to be working :)

Soldato
I got it for first time in a while last night although not badly (kinda to fast over a bump and left stomach back there sort of thing) playing elite, I had been flying around in a mark 4 cobra but bought an asp explorer, think the extra visibility on planetary landings was the cause.
Put my bands on and carried on till half three this morning. (Stupid time stealing game) :D

Associate
Is there anywhere with the Oculus Rift still at, or near the £399 sale price? I friend of mine recently came round to see for himself why I keep talking about it. Needless to say he wants one! But he's unwilling to pay the £500

Associate
Note that the B-grade item might not include some of the free games you get the first time you pair the touch controller to the headset, as this is probably already done. That might mean Robo recall for example is not available.

Associate
Permabanned
Whats the likelihood of Occulus doing another 399 promotion before Christmas?

I doubt we will see any sale before the Christmas period as I doubt they wish to become the DFS of VR. I would be very surprised if they didn't repeat the deal for Christmas though. Have they mentioned a Christmas sale anywhere?

Associate
I doubt we will see any sale before the Christmas period as I doubt they wish to become the DFS of VR. I would be very surprised if they didn't repeat the deal for Christmas though. Have they mentioned a Christmas sale anywhere?
They haven't mentioned a Christmas sale, but like you I'd be surprised if they didn't given the amount of units shifted during that price drop. There's black friday in November as well, so there could be a chance of a quick sale then.

Associate
They haven't mentioned a Christmas sale, but like you I'd be surprised if they didn't given the amount of units shifted during that price drop. There's black friday in November as well, so there could be a chance of a quick sale then.
Ah yeah, forgot about black friday!

Soldato
My WIDMOvr prescription lens inserts arrived yesterday took a while though from order date of the 12.Still easy to fit
While the image is now sharper and clearer I am `still` slightly disappointed with the resolution/focus/clarity of the rift image
I was hoping the image would look better with the prescription
Another minor niggle is this new insert seem closer to my face /eyes as well.Are the replacement covers any good?By this I mean to `move` the headset further from your face?

Back
Top Bottom