Oculus Rift

D3K

D3K

Soldato
However there are a few VR conversions such as Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR which do have all the depth and scale of their 2D equivalents, so there are VR games out there which are as engrossing as 2D games.
I haven't heard good reviews over the control schemes for FO or Skyrim, and I wouldn't pay full price for the same game twice. I've heard better things about superhot and the talos principle, but I'm not impressed with their pricing either.

Soldato
I haven't heard good reviews over the control schemes for FO or Skyrim, and I wouldn't pay full price for the same game twice. I've heard better things about superhot and the talos principle, but I'm not impressed with their pricing either.

The controls aren't as good as a dedicated VR game, but they work well for the types of games they are. Rift works better here than Vive because thumbsticks are better for movement than touchpads. As for price, you can find them on sale frequently enough.

Soldato
Damn it!! just broke one of the retractable cables in my cable management system. Trying to make some small improvements, Should have left well enough alone!!

Associate
I got a Rift over the weekend and I have to say first impression is disappointment. I got a voucher as a bonus from work so only spent £150 of my own money on it which is the only reason I'm keeping it tbh. Everything is just such low quality and blurry, admittedly in game when you are involved it's less noticeable but out of game it's just so jarring (virtual desktop, the home lobby, Oculus menus, SteamVR, anything with text). I feel like I must be doing something wrong since all I hear are rave reviews on how immersive it is. I have had a blast with Robo Recall, but even with the only graphic setting set to 2.0 it's still blur city :(

Are there any basic guides or steps to get the best out of the device? (I'll be trying the 'how to put it on properly' steps from earlier in the thread) I really want to love this thing but it's tough going at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom