Oculus Rift

Soldato
no, there are currently 4 modes you can play with - ASW off, forced 45fps ASW off, forced 45fps ASW on, and Auto-ASW

Auto ASW is the norm - same as ATW, it kicks in only when needed.

I've just been playing with project cars and I have to say ASW is actually approximately 98% black magic.... I have no idea how they've done such a good job.

Very very occasionally I'll detect something slightly odd, but it's all smooth as butter - I upped a lot of my settings where previously it was giving me issues and even on a grid of 10 cars it's brilliant... so much so that I'm actually just going to leave the settings higher.

It's brilliant - I feel like I've been given a GPU upgrade! I assume they will also continue to work on the algorithms since it isn't even standard public release yet and I suspect it'll get even better.

Associate
Hi all,
I've just installed the Rift on my pc and I'm quite pleased with it. I'm drowning under the number of apps available. What are th essentials I should install?

Also, I'm surprised I can't watch youtube 360 videos from the start. Do you guys buy the virtual desktop for that?

And is it easy to buy stuff on Steam?

Thanks

Apparently I was right, Virtual Desktop seems to be the only way to use the oculus as an input / output medium, replacing monitor and adding movement.

Soldato
Pre order is today launch day is 6th December.

I have logged in and it doesnt allow me to pre-order. Just 'Coming Soon' and $199 (which I guess will also be £199 :rolleyes: )

I havent used my Rift for a while so now may be a good time to sell - or order the touch and see how good they are :)

Associate
Can anyone that ordered a rift from oculus website when they first launched tell me that if I place a preorder for the touch controllers it's currently showing up as $0 for shipping, is this going to stay at 0? Or there will be a shipping charge when they are about to post it?

Also what about custom charges and taxes did you guys have to pay these on the rift orders too?

Soldato
Ships from within Europe so there are no import taxes or fees to pay.

Oculus has stated that there is no shipping cost on accessories - touch shipping will be free.

The £189 is all you will end up being charged.

Back
Top Bottom