OCZ makes 4GB 'P45 Special' DDR2 modules, launches new kits

I have qualled 16GB on the P5Q deluxe, 800 was very easy and 900 came with a little tweaking. One trick is to use the mod bios files off XS as they have the ram tables from ther maximus II p45 ;)

So...if you have issues come to me, i usually know a way of getting you working, also visit the support forum www.ocztechnologyforum.com for tip s and tweaks and be sure to check the online QVL/Torture test for what we have found works.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/qvl/detail.php?id=32

Tips regarding boards from Asus:

Asus create many boards from budget thru mainstream to high end. They do not want the budget or mainstream boards performaing as good as the high end as they make much smaller margins on the lower boards compared to the high end...hence bios files intentionally hold back the lower end boards so that the high end boards shine.
Often high end boards will not have the same issues we see on lower end boards and 99/100 its the ram tables etc that is the cause.

So check the mod bios files ;) they help a great deal, and if you guys have issues come see me over at my forum so our staff can get you going.

That's only an excuse from OCZ, funny how Corsair and others runs perfect in them and only your Forums advise peeps to run Modded Bioses hosted by you in the Stickies (as old as the 680I not just P45) to get your Ram to work.

I will never again match OCZ with Asus.

That's only an excuse from OCZ, funny how Corsair and others runs perfect in them and only your Forums advise peeps to run Modded Bioses hosted by you in the Stickies (as old as the 680I not just P45) to get your Ram to work.

I will never again match OCZ with Asus.

Agreed - I did in fact go to the OCZ forum, researched all the stuff there extensively, Simon helped me out up to a point, but when his suggestions failed to get the RAM to work, things went quiet.

I too will never match OCZ with ASUS again, and will be unlikely ever to buy OCZ again at all, unless the RAM is specifically listed on the QVL list for the motherboard in question, in the specific quantities and capacities of sticks I want to use. Once bitten... as the saying goes

I still have the 8GB of OCZ, virtually worthless now even though it is basically unused. Just keep it as spare RAM in case failures happen in the family's machines I guess.

Guys I have run on the standard bios and the modified bios..its not excuse the bios containing the updated memory code helps a great deal.The fact is though i had no issues either way...it was just easier to set up with the better bios code.

If you have ram you are having issues with you can send it to me to retest, i am in the UK and will gladly run it up on boards to see if there is an issue with it.

Do not dismiss my offer here, if you have issues let us sort them out.

Asus do not use REF Bioses as they do not make REF Mobos, as you state and know from info in your in the forums/stickies.

There is no need for a modded bios to run non OCZ Memory so I see this as a issue.

Obv something is seems with to get the OCZ to run that should not need be changed.

Its good your here to help but on the actual OCZ Forums its like talking to a brick wall with any issues.

I will never again use your Memory and same goes for many hardcore peeps on XS Forums.

Good for you man ;)

and there is no issue with the ram...as I showed it is fully qual'd by OCZ and Asus have not reported any issues back to us on their end.

Regard me here to help, i have been a member here for many years, i infact remember OCUK forums when PC2700 DDR1 had just come out and there were less than 1000 members here.

hardcore peeps...ohh my, and just to think these hardcore peeps are using hardware in many cases i helped design..LOL

Some you win and some you lose

Guys I have run on the standard bios and the modified bios..its not excuse the bios containing the updated memory code helps a great deal.The fact is though i had no issues either way...it was just easier to set up with the better bios code.

If you have ram you are having issues with you can send it to me to retest, i am in the UK and will gladly run it up on boards to see if there is an issue with it.

Do not dismiss my offer here, if you have issues let us sort them out.

The RAM I had was this:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp... Vista Upgrade Gold Series DDR2 (OCZ2VU6674GK)

OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-5400C5 Dual Channel Vista Upgrade Gold Series DDR2 (OCZ2VU6674GK)

based on the promised "The new PC2-5400 Vista Upgrade edition is optimized for perfect compatibility"
A load of crock.

In both my P5N-E SLI and my P5Q Deluxe, the boxes would boot with 3 x 2GB sticks but in each case I got a no-boot with 4 x 2GB. I was willing to accept that perhaps the P5N-E did not support 8GB that well, given the RAM compatibility issues in the past - now basically fixed with latest BIOSs. But the P5Q Deluxe has exemplary support for 8GB, and this awful RAM would not boot with 8GB no matter what BIOs settings. OK, I didn't try them all, I tried quite a few, including those suggested by OCZ. but in the end life was too short to be spending hours trying the get the stuff to work. I very much doubt there is a fault with the RAM, it just won't work with 8GB with these boards, plain and simple. On the other hand, the Corsair just booted right up with 8GB with everything on AUTO.

OK I offered to retest your memory, infact i test many kits here and 90% of the time they are fine but on the odd occasion i do authorize RMA.

Just go to the OCZ forum, PM me and i will give you shipping details.

im not here to argue with you..PM me over at OCZ and let me test your ram.

there is no need to b1tch anymore...take me up on the offer :)

BTW just so you know vista 5400 is a budget part and will be tested as such, IE no overclocking.

OCZTony - it's very nice to see company reps willing to get stuck in and sort out user problems! Do you have a list of recommended P45 mobos to go with the 4x4Gb set we're discussing here? I am very keen to go this route and any input would be most welcome :)

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/qvl/detail.php?id=32

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/qvl/detail.php?id=31 bios was buggy though

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/qvl/detail.php?id=28

16GB ran on all 3 no sweat, infact all 3 ran 900MHZ no sweat...DFI bios has bugs though.

Will test the MSI shortly
Im currently running 4gb of ocz reaper hpc pc 6400, c4 on my asus p5q deluxe. When i switch to vista 64 id like to add another 4gb of this ram. (im really pleased with my current kit) but ive heard that asus p45 boards will not work with 8gb of this ram, I would like some confirmation on this. Back in the s939 days i built 2 rigs based on a64 cpu's, one on an asus a8n sli deluxe, the other on an msi k8n diamond+, the asus board wouldnt accept my ocz pc3200 ddr platinum, so i had to buy some corsair foor it. The ocz ram was put into the msi board and worked without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom