Europe October 1st 2010

Platforms:

Xbox 360, PS3, PC

Publisher:

Capcom

Developer:

Blue Castle/Capcom

Plot:

The game is set 5 years after the events of the original Dead Rising. The zombie parasite that originated in Santa Cabeza and caused the Willamette outbreak has spread all over the United States. This is due to the 50 orphans scattered throughout the United States who had been injected with the parasite; subjecting them to zombification and infecting the rest of the US.

The game will take place in the fictional setting of Fortune City, which is modeled after Las Vegas, Nevada.

The game's protagonist, Chuck Greene, is a former national motocross champion who takes the role as one of the very few uninfected humans in the city. Just like Frank West (the player-character from the original Dead Rising), Chuck will face a number of zombie hordes as well as surviving psychopaths and civilians whom he may choose to save.

Anyone else really excited by this? I'm playing through Dead Rising 1 at the moment and having a right old blast.

Cannot wait for October 1st.

Will put up some screens and videos later.

Edit: Would a mod kindly add an 'i' to the title, I missed it out. :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It most certainly is worth a play.

I wouldn't say it's brutally hard, the first play through might be difficult until you level up but it's still a great gaming experience.

I am on my second playthrough and I am currently level 43 (it's not hard to level up once you start taking out psychopaths and rescuing the survivors).

It's probbaly one of my best games of this generation, yes it has faults and people don't like the dave system, but it suits the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Slightly offtopic but... Is the first one still worth a play? Is it as brutally hard as Zero Punctuation once suggested?

The first is one of the best games I've played, definitely a lot of fun and worth more than one play through. It can be picked up for under a tenner now too.

Can't wait for this sequel, sounds great

Caporegime
I would have really enjoyed the first one except for the shooting/targetting. I had really problems with the controls so gave up when i got to the clown. The save system also got on my bits. If thats fixed when this one comes out I will be all over it.

Not a game I'm following so does it have co-op?

Soldato
I hope they keep the save system. It causes you to think about what you're doing. You actually get punished for dying, something that most games do not do any more.

Of course, they wont keep it and will let you save every 2 seconds to make it easier for the masses.

Soldato
Never really got into the first one for some odd reason but I think I'll grab the second after everyone else I know saying how good the first was. Maybe it was me being daft and not giving it a chance!

Caporegime
OP
Not a game I'm following so does it have co-op?

IGN

# 2-Player Co-Op: Co-op play is introduced to the Dead Rising universe for the first time as players can invite their friends to partner up with them at any time to take on the zombie massacre- tag-team style! Play with a friend and have even more fun as you lure zombies in using strategic items like a toy helicopter or a firecracker. Once the zombies have gathered, your friend can rain bullets from above or shoot at a strategically-placed gas tank to create a deadly explosion that will take out masses of the enemy. Killing zombies with a friend is always more fun.
# Terror is Reality: Allows 4 players to compete in a gladiator type show that pits zombies against a group of players in the ultimate Vs. multiplayer blood bath.

Sounds like great fun!

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Also of some note.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

"Case Zero" will be an Xbox 360-exclusive download. It will be available on the Xbox Live Marketplace. It will develop the plot in between the two main games and will act as the demo for Dead Rising 2. The story takes place three years before the events of Dead Rising 2 and involves Chuck's first large-scale adventure against the horde of zombies. The player can reach up to level 5 in Case Zero, after which the player may carry over his experience and cash earned into Dead Rising 2.

Associate
I would have really enjoyed the first one except for the shooting/targetting. I had really problems with the controls so gave up when i got to the clown.

+1 for this, Really enjoyed it up until the clown, and for the life of me I just couldnt get past him. spent many hours and hundreds attempts but no luck.:mad:

Think when I finish work in the morning I shall load it up and have a blast :rolleyes:

Will definently be picking up the second!

Associate
Wonder if you'll be able to get a Zombie Genocide type achievement and something like the full megaman outfit and blaster :)

Back
Top Bottom