Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

To be honest I bought an ergonomic mesh chair in 2014 for 150 pounds and it has done really well for me all these years, definitely worth the money but if I was to buy one now I would perhaps spend a bit more to see if there is a bump up in quality.
Buy a quality used one. The Ergohuman for instance is about £750 new, the quality is obvious even second hand. Surprisingly heavy!

I love my leap, but every now and again the seat lowers itself. It's when I'm sat on it, and usually mid battle in HZD. It kinda drops half an inch. Does something need replacing?

Last edited:
I really like my secret lab titan evo 2022.
You go have to take the time adjust it properly though.
Took me a few months to get it 'dialled in' just right through trial and error.
My weight is just on the cusp of regular and XL so I went for the XL.. (6'3 and 16 stone) which is rated for a 180kg load.. So hopefully won't be looking at collapsing pistons etc lol.

The cushioning seems hard but supportive.. I'd rather have hard foam so it doesn't sink over time.

Love mine too best chair I have ever had. Expensive but it was worth it. Everything in the box was just oozing quality from the way it was packed to the accessories. Only thing I didnt like was the lumbar support so I bought an Omega Cushion which fits perfect in my lower back.
They do take time to adjust too like you said. Problem with chairs is you cant try before you buy very easily. Everyone seems to love the Herman Millar ones but I baulk at £1000+. I wouldnt fancy paying £1500 for a chair only not to like it. Not the easiest thing to return.
Took me ages to decide on the Secret Lab one through countless reviews on various gaming chairs. I too do think there is a certain snobbery too if its a "gaming chair" poo its awful dont spend £300 on that rubbish. Spend £1750 on a Herman Millar. No chair is worth that much no matter how "good" its means to be. :) Just my personal opinion. I did try one once in Harrod's but I didnt like it, didnt think it was comfortable. Oh and I dont use casters as they ruin the carpet. I use the flat chrome type stand ones.

Last edited:
I've just ordered and received a Hinomi H1 Pro a couple of days ago - bit of a gamble as its a new company but so far it's very impressive.

It adjusts in more ways than any other chair I've seen, has a footrest and folds down! We'll need to see how it lasts longevity wise, but the build quality feels good, and the chair is cool and very comfortable. Definitely worth a look.

I've just ordered and received a Hinomi H1 Pro a couple of days ago - bit of a gamble as its a new company but so far it's very impressive.

It adjusts in more ways than any other chair I've seen, has a footrest and folds down! We'll need to see how it lasts longevity wise, but the build quality feels good, and the chair is cool and very comfortable. Definitely worth a look.
Hi, how is the Hinomi? It looks really interesting.

Hi, how is the Hinomi? It looks really interesting.
It's very good - if it tipped forward a little when working it would be perfect for me, but I think it's more about me having to sit properly when working!

I'm a fidget, so I find the chair tends to move slightly backwards (I'm on carpet) and I have to pull myself back towards the desk a little on occasion - I have some sim pedals under my desk, so I thi k that's possibly me bouncing the brake pedal and pushing myself back.

It's very comfortable - having it on full recline, full recline and playing something like football manager or Frostpunk is glorious.

It feels like it should last a long time for me, but if I was a big chap I may have slight reservation on the seat mesh. It gives more than I would necessarily expect. Perfect for now, but in a couple of years we will see.

Back support is perfect for me, very adjustable too. There's enough movement everywhere to make it fit pretty much everyone.

I am looking for a new chair are Noble still the way to go for that price range of 300-400 ?
Depends entirely on your specific needs - but there are a few options at your price range:

- Noblechair are great and are arguably the best of the "gaming" style chairs that are available, coupled with decent support through OcUK customer service/vendor rep.
However they aren't for everyone - if you have any sort of back pain, "different" sitting position or struggle with "generic" cheap office chairs, these will be no better.

- New cheap "generic" office chair, e.g. those from Ikea, and office furniture shops. For most people will be fine, although watch out for any questionable "ergonomic" claims, as if bought from anywhere other than big names, then the likelihood is that there isn't anything to back up the claims, and they are just generic mass produced items.

- 2nd hand/refurbished "Big name" ergonomic task chair (Herman Miller, Steelcase etc), these normally offer the most adjustment, are normally rated for extended periods of usage, and have had the most time/money spent in ergonomic research.
The downside is cost, so you would have to look at second hand or refurbished versions (and the main retailer that used to recommended for these has since gone bust). Second hand versions obviously have their downsides as well - possible condition issues, warranty etc.
However - it's worth noting that even these chairs won't suit everyone - as everyone is different!

I am looking for a new chair are Noble still the way to go for that price range of 300-400 ?
I bought a Secretlabs Titan 2022 about 4-5 months ago and I love it. Cost me just a touch over 400, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Saw some grumbles about their customer service online being slow but they were fantastic for me, I had a slight creak where the fabric would rub on the sides of the base, but they immediately sent me out a kit they have with some protector plates that stops it (free of charge) :)

Also a secret labs titan user, I have the Batman version and had it since Q3 2020. Still looks brandnew and although I hear many complaints about gaming chairs I find it very comfy.

I bought a Secretlabs Titan 2022 about 4-5 months ago and I love it. Cost me just a touch over 400, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Also a secret labs titan user, I have the Batman version and had it since Q3 2020. Still looks brandnew and although I hear many complaints about gaming chairs I find it very comfy.

I also have a Secret Labs Titan. It's not that it's a terrible chair, it's that the (£220 when new) office chair I had before it was simply a better chair and I very clearly would have got a better chair had I gone for an office chair instead of a gaming chair. There's nothing about the "gaming chairness" of the Secret Lab that makes it a good chair, and it limits it from having features (e.g. a synchro base or front/back adjustment for the seat with respect to the back) that would have made it a better chair.

Have either of you used office chairs that were comparable in price to the Secret Labs? I think that most people who rave about Secret Lab or Noble gaming chairs haven't. If you're used to a cheap chair, yeah, the Titan is a huge improvement. It's a decent chair; it's just that for the same money you can get a significantly better chair, or save and get an equally good chair.

Back
Top Bottom