Rate the final race of the year out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Last edited:
Commissario
To be honest, I sort of want Max to win again and extend the most wins in a season record. RB19 is also the most dominant F1 car in a season so far:
Much as I'm neither a Max or Red Bull fan, I think they've done a superb job this year and about half way through the season, I wanted them to win every race because that's an incredible performance and record. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport and to be able to dominate the way they have done is an amazing achievement.

But I'd like to see closer racing at the top next year.

Caporegime
F2 also wraps us this weekend. Another season where the winner won't have a seat for next year. In fact, of the drivers near the top, only Bearman looks remotely likely to get into F1 at all.

Half of the grid will be rookies in FP1 this weekend, including both Red Bulls.

Going to be fun swapping back and forth between F1 and F2 cars for a lot of those drivers.

*holy old tweet, batman*

Come on, man, don't drop old news into the thread like that!

Last edited:
Associate
F2 also wraps us this weekend. Another season where the winner won't have a seat for next year. In fact, of the drivers near the top, only Bearman looks remotely likely to get into F1 at all.

Going to be fun swapping back and forth between F1 and F2 cars for a lot of those drivers.

Come on, man, don't drop old news into the thread like that!

I copied the link to the list Autosport tweeted about the rookie drivers for FP1. No idea why that came up, even when I previewed the post it showed the list.

I'm not changing it though for the obvious effect it's had :cry:

*edit*

Take 2 trying to post the list.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think what anyone said was out of line. It was complete amateur hour, and Ferrari had Sainz's very fast race car destroyed and a 10 place penalty thrown their way through no fault of their own.
Treatment of the fans who spent so much money to see the session seemed pretty god awful too.

If they don't want comments like this, maybe do a better job. :D

Edit: It's far nicer when we get genuine opinions, rather than sponsor-friendly, FOM guided, robot speak.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Quite a few changes for FP1 with a number of young drivers taking part:

Red Bull: Jake Dennis & Isack Hadjar
Ferrari: Robert Shwartzman
Mercedes: Frederik Vesti
Alpine: Jack Doohan
McLaren: Pato O'Ward
Haas: Oliver Bearman
Alfa Romeo: Theo Pourchaire
Aston Martin: Felipe Drugovich