Poll: Official 2023 United States Grand Prix Thread - Circuit of the Americas, Austin - Round 19

Rate the USA race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only difference between max and others on the radio is he just swears a lot more, that’s literally it.
It it’s not though is it. It’s the words he uses, like he called the car a piece of **** today. That’s no good for the team, that’s blaming them and taking his anger out on them. For what it’s worth I don’t care much what drivers say on the radio in the heat of the moment, but he definitely sounds much more aggressive to his team and gives off a “me versus the world” vibe rather than simply swearing at his misfortune and getting on with it, like others.
Why do the Yanks hate Max so much???
Why does anyone hate him so much? Lol

In all seriousness probably a combo of there being a lot of Hamilton and Perez fans there. Like I was saying about the Mexico GP, RB should stop and wonder why they can go to one of their drivers’s home GP and get booed.

Associate
Why do the Yanks hate Max so much???

More likely booing the Texan Governer Greg Abbott who presented the trophy to Max. He's having a bit of a bad time over there at the moment.

Good win for Max to come through from P6, Mercedes nailed their strategy and secured a good P2. Lando must be wondering when his first win will come.

I lost a lot of interest after 3/4s of the way through, no amount of bigging up from the commentators with the laps counting down can save the fact that we all know Max will just push that little harder to keep the gap. Because he just can in that Red Bull.

Still I'll watch it week in and week out though, see you all next week for Mexico.

Last edited:
Associate
Probably the number of Mexican fans and the combo of Max being a **** last year (when he wouldn't help Checo) and Helmut this year.

I don't think the yanks overall hate him.

There were a LOT of Mexican fans there. The chanting of Checo along with the booing when he was being interviewed and on the podium, as you say the way he's been treated by the team doesn't help.

He's had to put up with booing at the Italian GP where Leclerc tried to hush the crowd for being disrespectful. I imagine he won't get an easy ride at the Mexican GP next either!

Not a bad race, good to see Mercs picking up the pace as well as McLaren. Bodes well for next year if this continues.

Soldato
Enjoyed that one. Couple more laps and Lewis might have pinched it. Lando did OK but not driver of the day for me.

Shame for Alonso, I was enjoying his progress until he had to retire. Felt a bit sorry for Piastri too.

I voted 9 but now I've had a minute I'd probably dial it back to 8.

Associate
Switched off quite early on, I've never liked that track, it's not got any of its own character it's just a mish-mash of other tracks as if someone asked an AI to make them a layout.

I wonder how good the retention is during a race/viewership is in general, it must surely be dropping? If the current regs remain the same, we have another 2 years of this? Presumably, 24/25 will be a re-run of 20/21 with essentially the same cars as everyone attempts to make the best start of the new rules. Jeez, the thought of this for another two years I think I'll take up golf :D.

Man of Honour
Hamilton and Leclerc disqualified.

F9FXRoAWYAAJpvj.jpg

F9FXfwZW0AEBLJp.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Lucky break for Perez in his battle against Hamilton for second in the drivers. Given his shocking form, needs all the help he can get.

Caporegime
Good job Hamilton didn't win that after the DSQ. That would have been brutal

Doesn't take much to see that unpleasant side of MV come out does it.

Great drives by LH and LN.
Scrappy from GR all weekend and obviously perez has to go

Soldato
Ooof, 50% failure rate of the limited sample size. Fun that its the podium (make sense) and the the guy in 6th, presumably that one would have been a 'random' check.

Rules are rules but could add fuel to the fire for the desire to at least change the sprint format and parc fermé rules for those weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom