Poll: Official 2024 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Race 14/24

Rate the Spa race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
I think this is easy for him to think in hindsight and will probably see on review Russell bet big and won!
Exactly. And how many times have we seen drivers do this only for the tyres to fall apart at the end?! They all felt a bit conservative on the tyres today.

Associate
I can't think of many drivers who wouldn't be a little salty if what happened to Hamilton happened to them, pretty standard reaction.
I wouldn’t waste my breath. The same people would say he’s “fake” if he put on a manufactured smiey face.

I don’t know what he should have done tbh, each race driver would react the same as you say and it’s what makes them talented enough to be in F1.

Soldato
Should have made the call. :)
Quite different when you're in the lead covering other people pitting. Also expecting the team to do the same strat for both. Russell again benefiting when he's got nothing to lose. If he lost 3 or 4 places at the end it wouldn't have mattered.

Surprised the merc pit wall didn't tell him sooner he would need to overtake him. If he closed that gap quicker and put the pressure on Russell for 5 or 6 laps would have probably been different result.

Soldato
Once again will make a great last year of regs in theory. Long way for the season to go. Few dnfs fighting for 5/6/7 changes things for verstappen.

Caporegime
Indeed, but it's a shame that RB are so far ahead now that they're still likely to keep the WCC title.

I am unconvinced that is true. Since Monaco McLaren have closed the gap from 92 to 43 points. The WCC is within grasp because Red Bull's second seat can't deliver. The WDC is another matter, and I think this race makes the points I've been making well.

Man of Honour
Perez now in 8th place in the driver championship, 12 points behind Russell in P7.

146 points behind Verstappen.

Last year's P2 looks oh so far away now. Also, Verstappen is now only 10 points behind the number of points Perez had at the end of last year.

Back
Top Bottom