Poll: Official 2024 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Race 14/24

Rate the Spa race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
Honestly? Strategy wise etc, that really ******* me off after the McLaren stuff from last race.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lewis wasn’t under investigation for being underweight. He’s the race winner.
Oh ok, I was skim reading catching up and thought they both were. Oh well, hollow win I guess.

Yeah wouldn’t like to be in George’s shoes :( Especially after he really made that victory himself.

Caporegime
A bit of a shame as it was masterfully driven to get the win but rules are rules.

How was it "masterfully driven" ?

On what metric are you basing that on? It's quite clear that everyone else just flubbed the strategy.

Or, of he was that much underweight, that is likely why he won anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
So this has nothing to do with fuel load at the end of the race? Is the car weighed post race with no fuel?
His car was underweight, they don't count fuel for minimum weight so somebody has cocked up in the mercedes garage.

It's 0.15 seconds a lap effectively if he was 1.5kg underweight, that's not a small amount over race distance (around 7 seconds) and doesn't account for the impact on tyre deg either. It's a slam dunk disqualification and all the teams know that. Feel for him but the rules are the rules and probably played a part in him being able to make the 1 stop work anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
4EDcS1o.jpeg

'Genuine error by the team'

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Back
Top Bottom