Poll: Official 2024 British Grand Prix Race Thread - Silverstone Circuit - Race 12/24

Rate the Silverstone race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Man of Honour

Title.png

Silverstone Circuit - Information

The construction of the Silverstone track dates back to 1942, when it was merely a perimeter road for the RAF Silverstone airfield. Unbeknownst to its builders, it was destined to become a legendary racing circuit. The first motor race took place in 1947, marking the beginning of its storied history, despite a tragic incident involving a local sheep.

Silverstone's debut in the Grand Prix world was momentous, hosting the first-ever Formula 1 World Championship race on May 13, 1950. Giuseppe Farina, who later became the champion that year, clinched the victory in his Alfa Romeo 158.

The circuit itself is a testament to high-speed thrills, likened to flying a fighter jet by Lewis Hamilton during the 2018 British Grand Prix. Even with various changes over time, Silverstone has retained its reputation as one of the fastest tracks in F1, with iconic corners like Maggotts, Becketts, and Abbey presenting formidable challenges to the world's best drivers.

Visiting Silverstone is an electrifying experience, akin to exploring a hallowed ground of motorsport. The atmosphere is electric, thanks in part to the passionate British fans, descendants of the inventors of football (or soccer).

For the ultimate viewing experience, the Becketts grandstand is unparalleled, offering a breathtaking perspective of the cars' rapid navigation through the complex. Further down, the Stowe grandstands provide a prime vantage point for overtaking maneuvers, making it just as exhilarating to witness the precision and skill of the drivers as they tackle the corner.

British Grand Prix - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

image.png

F2-Schedule.png

F3-Schedule.png

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Saturday 6th July - British GP Qualifying Highlights - 23:10
Sunday 7th July - British GP Race Highlights - 10:30

Weekend Weather Forecast (as at 04/07/2024)

Monaco-Weather.png

Track Diagram & Information

Monaco-Circuit.png

Previous Race Highlights

Championship Standings

ke95rrc1he1d1.png

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.

This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Soldato
51G been mentioned yet? :D

Be interesting to see if Mclaren are still in the fight here, and whether we end up with any more incidents
I saw a story mentioning that Lando may need to use old spec parts due to all the ones destroyed in the clash last week. Could be hogwash though… :D I’d like to think they’d want to bring the very best to their home Grand Prix.

Soldato
:cry:I saw a story mentioning that Lando may need to use old spec parts due to all the ones destroyed in the clash last week. Could be hogwash though… :D I’d like to think they’d want to bring the very best to their home Grand Prix.
Or steal the parts from Oscar's car? :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Thought this was quite nice to see between Lando and Max, especially as you can understand why Lando felt the way he did after the race.

Soldato
Well, we’ll have to see how the friendship holds up if there are anymore incidents. I can see it going the way of Hamilton/Rosberg to be honest..

Suspended
Well, we’ll have to see how the friendship holds up if there are anymore incidents. I can see it going the way of Hamilton/Rosberg to be honest..
Yeah same. If Lando gets a car that genuinely puts him in contention for race wins I can’t see them remaining friendly. Because there will be lots more incidents.

Anyway, it’s ****ing it down here. Might be an interesting weekend on that front!

Back
Top Bottom