Poll: Official 2024 British Grand Prix Race Thread - Silverstone Circuit - Race 12/24

Rate the Silverstone race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soldato
BBC News - Verstappen & Norris 'both happy to race' after clash
Remember though, what you hear and said in the media is only what the teams, drivers and PR people want you to hear. I am sure someone said something similar a week or so ago.

Associate
Was a wet start to the F3 practice session, it then started drying up and some drivers risked slicks. Then about 5 minutes later the heavens opened and its been soaking.

No mistakes though from these young drivers, and some great car control. The visibility was bad in some places, but nobody complained and everyone kept it on the track.

Be interesting to see that if this rain/poor vis keeps up, if the F1 lot will go out and not moan :cry:

Soldato
Lando's relationship with Max truly weakens him. Name an F1 champ that had his head up their main rival's behind. He needs to get tough and aggressive. Doing a U-turn after his initial comments just looks so weak. Playing Mr Nice guy around the F1 paddock is doing you no favours at winning. I think even George Woody Russell would have had the guts to at least call out Max for that collision.

Soldato
Sunday weather looking mighty interesting:

dZKQoZp.png

I don't hold much faith in the thunder/lightning happening as that's been on the forecast most of May/June and we had none at all around here - I'm about 5 miles down the road from Silverstone. My concern is just if the rain gets too heavy for the inters or the helicopter and it gets red flagged as per.

Suspended
Lando's relationship with Max truly weakens him. Name an F1 champ that had his head up their main rival's behind. He needs to get tough and aggressive. Doing a U-turn after his initial comments just looks so weak. Playing Mr Nice guy around the F1 paddock is doing you no favours at winning. I think even George Woody Russell would have had the guts to at least call out Max for that collision.
Totally agree. I don't mind if he wants to try and stay friends with Max.. that's his prerogative, but I can't believe he came out with a u-turn bigger than some of our disgraced Tory politicians.

All I can hope for is that Lando is just still not "getting it" and thinking he he goes head to head with Max again it'll be different and it'll be clean racing. Someone needs to show him the 2021 highlights reel or something. Either that, or it'll be another incident before he'll get it.

Associate
Will Buxtons just commented on F1TV that the talk in the paddock is that Perez could be replaced by Riccardo and Perez will be bumped down to Racing Bulls. If Perez doesn't improve then he will likely be replaced by Lawson.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd be amazed if that's in any way true. They'd have to pay out Perez's contract, then pray to god that Ricciardo somehow finds his mojo again - which in itself seems more of a longshot than Perez finding his.
To be fair, they could just bin him off too. They have previous for chopping and changing in season. The fact of the matter for Perez is that he just isn’t fast enough in the car and nothing will change that. Like Bottas at Merc, it was fine while the car was miles out front but as soon as the deficit disspeared so did his finishing positions.

The only thing that will help Perez is just being better. Which kind of isn’t a thing… :D

Back
Top Bottom