Official 2024 Dutch Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit Zandvoort - Race 15/24

Man of Honour

Title.png

The Zandvoort track was established in 1948, akin to Silverstone, amidst the post-war motorsport fervor that engulfed Europe. Initially, it was a hybrid of a permanent circuit and public roads winding through the sand dunes of Zandvoort. The Dutch Automobile Racing Club, the circuit's initiators, enlisted Sammy Davis, the 1927 Le Mans victor, to advise on the original 4.2km track's design.

Formula 1 debuted at Zandvoort in 1952, with Alberto Ascari leading a Ferrari 1-2-3 victory. The Grand Prix was held intermittently at the circuit until 1985. In 2019, it was announced that Formula 1 would return to Zandvoort in 2020 after a 35-year break. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the return was postponed to 2021.

The Zandvoort circuit is described as 'really quick', 'pretty insane', 'crazy', and 'old-school' by current F1 drivers, many of whom raced there in junior categories. The track's undulating nature weaves through the dunes, offering a rollercoaster experience. Modernized for F1's recent comeback, including an increased 18-degree banking at the Tarzan corner, Zandvoort continues to be a challenging track for drivers.

Visiting Zandvoort offers numerous attractions for F1 enthusiasts. It boasts a historic track, featured in John Frankenheimer's 'Grand Prix' and the site of memorable F1 moments, like Gilles Villeneuve's three-wheeled lap. The vibrant atmosphere, especially with Max Verstappen competing, is electrifying and distinctly orange. Additionally, its beachside setting is just a 30-minute train ride away.

Dutch Grand Prix - Schedule Information & TV Broadcast Times

image.png

Channel 4 Highlights - Broadcast Times

Saturday 24th August - Dutch GP Qualifying Highlights - 17:30
Sunday 25th August - Dutch GP Race Highlights - 18:30

Weekend Weather Forecast (as at 21/08/2024)

Monaco-Weather.png

Track Diagram & Information

Monaco-Circuit.png

Previous Race Highlights

Just a reminder, but consider it a warning - can we not have any further derogatory name calling of drivers, team bosses and the like. We don't expect you to like every driver/team, but at least keep comments respectful.

If you don't follow this warning, you will lose access to the race thread and the thread for the following race as well.

This includes but is not limited to such terms including Lulu, Crashstappen, Karen Horner, Whingey Spice etc.

Last edited:
Usually a pretty dull track, but things have been exciting lately and the weather forecast looks like it could mix up the grid for the race at least. Williams are talking about some major upgrades, I hope they can deliver. I want to see Logan finish his career on some kind of high.

I just want a good race with competition throughout the field. I want there to be a battle for first place and I want there to be a battle for not-last place.

Had the chance to see Zandvoort from earlier this week during setup. It's no joke that the track is literally right on the beach front.

7IrUhMD.jpeg

Weather has crashed hard here over the last two days and qualifying is very likely to involve some rain. Hoping for a Max win!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom