Official 2024 Dutch Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit Zandvoort - Race 15/24

So far it's been a weekend to forget for Hulkenberg, but both times it's looked like his brakes just aren't working. Rear lock up yesterday and front today.

Edit: Jesus... Hulkenberg noted as an incident for driving in an unsafe condition. His front wing was damaged, and a little under the car, not stopping driving...

Whoa, Sargeant again!!! Huge smash.
Remember this track last year for him. A disaster. Can't believe how slow the marshals were for that fire too.

Last edited:
Quite a hefty shunt for Logan there, big job for the Williams guys this afternoon.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't see him in Qualifying later on today.

*Edit*

Ran along the Kerb and Grass out of T3, that's a lot of damage.

Last edited:
No way he's making qualifying, and if they have any sense they won't repair the car in time for the race. He can barely drive anyway, but his history at this track is awful.

Logan’s got some way to go to catch up with his teammate Alex who’s cost Williams $2 million in spare parts this season.

Perez is actually leading the field in this at around $2.6 million in damage.
Pretty sure they'd rather have the points.
Have any of Sargeant's crashes NOT been his fault either? I can't think of any. (Could be some though)

Don't be so sure: the main frame looks fine and the bodywork and wheel structures are designed to break to absorb the energy of the crash.

I've now seen the official Sky F1 video and yes, that does look bad. The clip I saw earlier didn't show the fire.

Lol, Max being Max as usually barging past, penalty for white line infringement on its way.
I'm more on his side. Grannies out for a Sunday drive in front of him. Best to just get past them.

Edit: What do you think it is about Sargeant that keeps him in that Williams seat this season? They must have a reserve driver?
Is he taking in big sponsorship money?

Last edited:
I haven’t watched any of it apart from a clip of Logan’s shunt. Bit worrying it caused a fire no? I thought they’d done everything they could to eradicate fires? Which reminds me we never really saw any sort of debrief/changes from Grosjean’s fireball crash in 2021? Like why the barrier broke (huge issue there) and why there was such a big fire? :confused:

I’ll probably miss this race. There’s an important beer festival happening near me this weekend and today is unfortunately a write off with the rain, so tomorrow it is :o

Last edited:
You're making the right choice. Beer should always take precedent.
Not sure what caused the fire, but it was a reasonable shunt, and with all the stuff in these cars, it's impossible to completely eliminate it. There must be a big risk with those batteries?

With the Grosjean one, that was a massive crash. Unless they are building the things out of titanium, and running them on wind power, then the risk will always be there when you full speed into the barrier.

Last edited:
I've probably missed an email somewhere telling me I'm getting financially bent over for the privilege but Sky Sports F1 has appeared in UHD on NowTV

Back
Top Bottom