Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the poll result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Caporegime
No chance that's Verstappen's corner

Three into two situation, but Max does get run off track as a result. I can see why he feels aggrieved. If that had just him and Norris I think judgement would be different.

First corner racing to my mind, rather than penalty worthy (if that would have happened).

Last edited:
Soldato
No chance that's Verstappen's corner
Yeah. If they said that's Verstappen's corner then you could outbreak yourself, run wide (make it look like the car inside has run you off) then complain it was your corner.
Definitely but his attention is still split. More concerned with enforcing the rules from his cockpit. He should be more concerned about driving, no?
Reality of F1 nowadays unfortunately. Stewards need things bringing to their attention. Not saying it's great, but it's better than football for example :p

Undercut looks strong here, wouldnt be surprised if RB try it. (With Max, obvs... wgaf about Perez)

Soldato
Three into two situation, but Max does get run off track as a result. I can see why he feels aggrieved. If that had just him and Norris I think judgement would be different.

First corner racing to my mind, rather than penalty worthy {if that would have happened}.

No, not a penalty. Racing is fine and clean. Just Max can't use the run off to make up a place. He got lucky he's in 3rd if anything, should be 4th or 5th if it was gravel or walls

Last edited:
Soldato
It was 3 into 2 and unfortunately for Max he was the 3. Was no ones fault but Max did gain an advantage by running off track and not backing off.

Think how we have ended up is how it should have ended up.

Associate
Got to laugh, everyone blaming Max yet Norris actually forced his teammate towards the wall twice giving Max the chance on the outside, then had to avoid crashing into Piastri by making Max go off track. Yes he didn't force Max off but it was his bad race start strategy that forced it.

Soldato
I don't recall previous years being this bad with regards to tyre management? Maybe it's been noted more, but you 1-2 laps of action and then the rest of the race is heavy tyre management.

Man of Honour
I think the 'Your race is with Verstappen' message is more to do with McLaren being unable to run 2 cars effectively so Piastri s going to get the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom