Poll: Official 2024 Miami Grand Prix Race Thread - Miami International Autodrome - Race 6/24

Rate the Miami race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I have dutch friends and they're the same, its not rudeness its a difference of culture, to me sainz is always grumpy both in looks and in attitude but thats mostly his spanish ethnicity. the worse thing you can really do in anything is judge someone against your own standards without understanding theirs.

Max is straight forward speaking.

Not sure how anyone can say Lando's win was tainted by a safety car, might as well say that for every race that has an SC/VSC/Red Flag

Edit:
Also KMag got a 20s penalty for entering the pitlane under SC conditions,

The Stewards heard from the driver of Car 20 (Kevin Magnussen), teamrepresentative and reviewed video evidence and determined that Car 20 entered thepit lane during the safety car period and did not change tyres as required underArticle 55.11 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.
Dutch and to a lesser extent, Belgian are like this when trying to remain civil, but are very annoyed by someone.

The French will be very curt, but remain polite in such situations unless they know you well and then they’ll give you a full and frank run down on how you’ve ****** them off.

Caporegime
"The cone at turn 15 - what happened there?"
Max: "I didn't like it, so I decided to take it out. And test the durability of the front wing so that's the crash test done"

When asked whether he still would have won without the safety car..
"It's always if, if, if. If my mother had balls she'd be my dad."

Comes across very unprofessional. Maybe it's just me...

I don't know, the "mother had balls" line was quite funny.

I'd rather they all weren't so corporate and robotic to be honest.

Caporegime
Chuffed for Lando. Really pleased he's got a win. I think he's certainly a potential future champion if he gets the car.

Lewis impressed today. Seemed loads faster than George through the race and stuck within half a second of Perez for ages. That Merc clearly just doesn't have the straight line/DRS speed to overtake the RB though. : /. Seemed like Perez was holding him up after the safety car. Seems like he had good pace on those mediums and could have caught the Ferraris.

Better race than I thought it would be courtesy of the safety car shaking things up.

Last edited:
Associate
It's because it's the first time in a while where Max has had to follow in dirty air. It's much harder when you aren't out in front.
Merc had the same issue in the previous era, and I think RB with Vettel too. If you know you have the fastest car and are generally out in front, you can setup the car without needing to consider dirty air.

These cars seem very sensitive to temperatures given how Max was decently ahead for most of the weekend, but the race was much hotter.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
At the end of the day, Max had no answer for Lando in that last stint. The SC may have given over track position but those McLaren’s looked fast indeed. Hopefully this isn’t a one-off though, these regs still seems to create weirdness at different tracks for different cars which nobody really seems to understand.

Is that what he said?! That’s just bizarre :confused:

Edit: So nice to hear the national anthem on the podium again, been a while!

Edit 2: Still pretty upset that McLaren allowed Trump to visit the garage. Why didn’t they just say no?

Like him or loathe him; he's still an ex-President / potential next President - and someone with a history of grudges, probably best just to smile and shake hands in the garage - that said it sounds like the FIA chose McLaren; why not take him and show him Haas?

Associate
Watched the highlights and overall an OK race. Good to see someone other than Max win. Congrats to Lando and McLaren.

Man of Honour
OP
Chuffed for Lando. Really pleased he's got a win. I think he's certainly a potential future champion if he gets the car.

Lewis impressed today. Seemed loads faster than George through the race and stuck within half a second of Perez for ages. That Merc clearly just doesn't have the straight line/DRS speed to overtake the RB though. : /. Seemed like Perez was holding him up after the safety car. Seems like he had good pace on those mediums and could have caught the Ferraris.

Better race than I thought it would be courtesy of the safety car shaking things up.

I caught George's interview after the race and all he did was complain that there must have been something wrong with the car

Caporegime
Like him or loathe him; he's still an ex-President / potential next President - and someone with a history of grudges, probably best just to smile and shake hands in the garage - that said it sounds like the FIA chose McLaren; why not take him and show him Haas?

If the FIA chose Mclaren and they are contractually obliged then fair enough.

If Mclaren actually reached out to him and invited him, then **** them.

Soldato
Lol, are people actually complaining about that? May not be everyone's sense of humour but people really must have nothing going on in their lives to complain about that.

On a day where Lando gets his first win, and posters still manage to find an imaginary issue to moan about Max. He really does live rent free in some people's heads.

Associate
I think the FIA matched them based on colour i.e. orange man to orange team.

Soldato
kZj74uu.gif

mjt

mjt

Soldato
On a day where Lando gets his first win, and posters still manage to find an imaginary issue to moan about Max. He really does live rent free in some people's heads.
The clips are all over my twitter feed and I was surprised so I expressed my opinions in this thread. He's super salty.

Soldato
Lewis impressed today. Seemed loads faster than George through the race and stuck within half a second of Perez for ages. That Merc clearly just doesn't have the straight line/DRS speed to overtake the RB though
Yeah spot on. If it wasn’t a RB in front then he’d have made up places I reckon.
Merc had the same issue in the previous era, and I think RB with Vettel too.
But I thought this was what was great about the super duper ground effect era? No dirty air, ability to follow closely?
I don’t think anyone on here particular cares looking at the comments. Most people just missed it is all. I thought he made that comment in the park ferme interview ie directly after the race. The comments in the press room are generally blah.
Mclaren already confirmed via a statement that a request was made for the visit.
But they could have denied it maybe. Im sure they get requests for visits by a million “slebs” every race. He’s no President currently, just a pleb like everyone else. Why accept a visit from a criminal with a history/allegations of sexual assault, who already made one attempt at starting a civil war and very well might succeed the next time. Meh. Too serious for this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom