Poll: Official 2024 Monaco Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit de Monaco - Race 8/24

Rate the Monaco procession out of one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yeah, Sepang would be good if they could get some kind of crowd to actually attend it. Singapore basically took their audience.
It's a real shame that the Malaysian GP was basically funded by a not-insignificant amount of government corruption.

Although, saying that, Singapore seems to be the same:

Mid 2023 - https://edition.cnn.com/2023/07/14/business/singapore-ong-corruption-probe-intl-hnk/index.html

Early 2024 - https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1143634/singapore-review-f1-deal-amid-corruption

Soldato
I was driving home on Sunday after the race and the news came, "Sergio Perez..." I instantly turned the radio off as I didn't want to hear the result, but I thought it would be an exciting race if Perez had won. Sadly I was sorely disappointed.
I love Monaco, the glitz, glamour, and the challenge of barriers, but boy was it boring and this year was no expectation. I can't add much more to the points everyone else has mentioned but something does need to be done with the car's width and the ability to change tyres on red flag conditions.

Associate
George Russell came up with a fantastic suggestion which is gaining ground with the F1 journos on Twitter.

Only run the soft tyres for the Monaco weekend, no Mediums or Hards that can last an entire race

Monaco already has precedence with its own unique rules (Only has to have a total race distance of 260km instead of 305km like everywhere else) so you think it could be easily done, but this is F1. So it won't be.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Alpine are reportedly contemplating pulling Ocon from the next race in response to his incident with Gasly. That's a hell of a sanction for the Frenchman, but Alpine seem like they're seriously losing patience with him. He's really done his future no favours after looking like he'd got the edge over Gasly in the season so far.

Be nice to see Doohan in a race.

Soldato
Alpine are reportedly contemplating pulling Ocon from the next race in response to his incident with Gasly. That's a hell of a sanction for the Frenchman, but Alpine seem like they're seriously losing patience with him. He's really done his future no favours after looking like he'd got the edge over Gasly in the season so far.

Be nice to see Doohan in a race.
Yeah they mentioned something along those lines in the race commentary on Sky and now this is all over the media. Let's see if he's grovelled enough to keep his seat..

Caporegime
Hell, Toleman dropped Senna for one race in a fit of pique over Lotus announcing his move to that team before they even formally activated the buyout clause in his Toleman contract...

Had to look that one up. 1985, about a decade before I started watching F1 regularly. Slight correction: it was for entering talks without notifying them as required by his contract.

Caporegime
With the amount of incident's he has had with teammates, I reckon he wont be seen in F1 again after this year is up.

I suspect you're right, and I think that's a shame. He's one of the few drivers in F1 not to have come from money, and he's certainly not the worst driver in the grid but he just seems to lose his head whenever he is fighting his team mate.

Associate
he's certainly not the worst driver in the grid but he just seems to lose his head whenever he is fighting his team mate.
I think its a mentality thing, his drive and result is more important than the team result.
I know F1 is a team game but really isn't.
No team would take on a driver who believes they are bigger than the team. Unless they are champions already etc etc

Associate
There's a future for him in F1?

He's becoming a bit Maldonado.

With the amount of incident's he has had with teammates, I reckon he wont be seen in F1 again after this year is up.
Apparently Williams didn't want to engage with him for their second seat alongside Albon for exactly that reason - no concerns over his pace but they felt he would destabilise the team and the environment they have there.

Associate
no concerns over his pace but they felt he would destabilise the team and the environment they have there.
He can clearly drive there is no hiding that.
He might not be a toxic person and its wrong of me to say that, but the actions on track certainly scream toxic or selfish.

Caporegime
Didn’t kyviat get demoted from RB to TR? Albeit it was probably also an excuse to promote Max…

Kvyat got demoted from RB to TR for *checks notes* beating Dani Ricc over a season and then landing RB's first podium of the season. Yeah, that was all about Max.

We've seen drivers demoted, dropped, etc. I was thinking more about pulling them for a particular race, which seems to be what is being suggested rather than outright sacking Ocon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom