Poll: Official 2024 United States Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit of the Americas - Race 19/24

Rate the USGP out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I'm not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zak will write a strongly worded email that’ll go straight to spam.

That whole team is too soft. Should be doing much better given their cars performance.
McLaren still act like a midfield team happy to be at the front.

Norris the same, Max will take the **** with him all day long cos he knows he’s too soft. Next season both team and driver need to turn up at race 1 acting like title contenders not midfielders who are happy just to be at the front for a change!

British F1 Twitter seems to have decided that Derek Warwick is the antichrist and must be punished. Lots of people mentioning he runs a Honda dealership and once called Verstappen 'the great white hope' even though there is no actual audio or proof of him having ever said that, just rumours that he said it on a deleted BBC podcast.

F1 fans are definitely more mental/unstable than they used to be...

Last edited:
It’s basically impossible to overtake in a corner the way Max defends - covering the inside, makes the apex ‘ahead’, but only because he’s not making the corner, and goes off outside track limits on the corner exit.

The rule need to be modified : The defending driver must stay within track limits or get a penalty

Last edited:
It’s basically impossible to overtake in a corner the way Max defends - covering the inside, makes the apex ‘ahead’, but only because he’s not making the corner, and goes off outside track limits on the corner exit.

The rule need to be modified : The defending driver must stay within track limits or get a penalty
Exactly.

GaXXcrNXMAA3gPw.jpg

Looking at the deleted lap times. Norris is very lucky he didn't get another penalty. He had 4 instances of leaving the track with 5 deleted lap times.

F1 is a joke and has been for years. How the hell did Lando get punished for Max forcing him off.

Utter codswallop.

It's why I watch the highlights at best, even then I skip most of them. Close racing starts to happen, the 'run him out of road' tactics appears where they remain wheel to wheel but then the stewards get involved and make a mess of it. We don't need this level of maths or data. It's an entertainment business. Just leave it alone. They both left the track. He squeezed it around.

Last edited:
British F1 Twitter seems to have decided that Derek Warwick is the antichrist and must be punished.
To be fair, anyone involved in stewarding the 2021 season (in particular Abu Dhabi) probably shouldn’t be allowed near a race track, let alone a stewards room…

Last edited:
As long the 'guidelines' remain based on the idea you just need to get to the apex in front when defending and you're all good, regardless of whether you can keep it on the track or not, it'll only encourage that sort of defending.

Just barrel into the corner, brake stupidly late to make sure you're 'in front at the apex', force the overtaking car off with you, jobs a good'un.

Last edited:
Didn't even realise it was a grand prix weekend... I can never see the US GP due to the time difference, so never keep up to date.
Better check the results. :|

Edit: Good stuff for Lawson and Colapinto. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom