• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3DMarkVantage thread**

Caporegime
OP
Man of Honour
Wooot :) Flying the flag for the UK at number 2 in the world. Very nice Kaap :)

Thanks Gregster

It was a relief to get a good run out of my cards on this benchmark.

I am starting to think its a hardware feature or something in the drivers, but on benchmarks when I hit around 350fps the cards seem to be capped a bit like vsync works in games.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks Gregster

It was a relief to get a good run out of my cards on this benchmark.

I am starting to think its a hardware feature or something in the drivers, but on benchmarks when I hit around 350fps the cards seem to be capped a bit like vsync works in games.

Get them under water and you can take top spot ;)

J.D

J.D

Soldato
This is my first go on the extreme preset

I think my scaling is much better here.

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame/3dmark-vantage-users-top-extreme-preset/

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4397402

Score
X56072 3DMarks

Graphics Score

CPU Score

I know the above is no good for your results table but it was interesting.:D

Wooot :) Flying the flag for the UK at number 2 in the world. Very nice Kaap :)

:eek:

Spot on Kaap, well done *enter a fierce clapping of hands here. With the way you are going I think you should have a word with 8pack and consider some sub zero benching ;). He needs some friendly competition in here. Teach MrMuscles, loves the jobs you hate, a lesson :p.

Caporegime
OP
Think i still got a bit more left in the tank here but i need some colder weather as my VRM1 was 89c on this run :p GPU temp 72c

7950 @ 1175/1650
2700K @ 5.01GHz <- lol :D

SCORE
P39282 3DMarks
GRAPHICS SCORE
CPU SCORE

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/4397696

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/bu3vv/

Can we have some 7950's in here please? :)

Very nice GFX score :) I am scratching my head proper here. I had a beast of an overclock running and not even close to yours or even 8 packs GFX scores. I am seriously confused lol.

Caporegime
OP
Im confused too.. maybe Vantage really does love AMD cards :)

Maybe but with me being so close to 8 pack on the 3DMark11 thread and getting my GPU clocks even higher in this bench, I thought I may have been a little closer to him but I am miles out on the gfx score. I would like to say I don't care but sadly I do....I will investigate later. Maybe a bad install/confliction/being a doughnut has something to do with it.

Soldato
Yea something strange going on there to be that far behind 8 Pack.

I need to get my 2700K clocking higher as it only hit temps of 70-74-73-71 on air but im already putting 1.45v through it.. can i go much higher?

Also i'll be happy when i can bench Vantage at the same core clock as i can 3DMark11 @ 1200 but need the colder weather being on air.

Aiming for P40000 Score in Vantage :)

Caporegime
OP
Yea something strange going on there to be that far behind 8 Pack.

I need to get my 2700K clocking higher as it only hit temps of 70-74-73-71 on air but im already putting 1.45v through it.. can i go much higher?

Also i'll be happy when i can bench Vantage at the same core clock as i can 3DMark11 @ 1200 but need the colder weather being on air.

Aiming for P40000 Score in Vantage :)

lol the cold realy does help. Benching at 6am with the back door open and freezing is great fun :D

Man of Honour
Get them under water and you can take top spot ;)

Im working on the water, I have most of the bits now and am waiting for my new CPU as I type this. The only thing holding me up now is corsair with their new 900D case. Once I have the rig up and running I will really go for it with some next gen cards on water. That 900D has lots of space for rads.:D

Top stuff mate - congrats :)

:eek:

Spot on Kaap, well done *enter a fierce clapping of hands here. With the way you are going I think you should have a word with 8pack and consider some sub zero benching ;). He needs some friendly competition in here. Teach MrMuscles, loves the jobs you hate, a lesson :p.

Thanks guys

With overclocking and benching I still have a lot to learn, most of the people who are on this thread know more than me. Im learning a lot though following this and the other threads on the subject. This is one of the best things about threads like this seeing how people approach ocing and learning from it.

Caporegime
OP
Im working on the water, I have most of the bits now and am waiting for my new CPU as I type this. The only thing holding me up now is corsair with their new 900D case. Once I have the rig up and running I will really go for it with some next gen cards on water. That 900D has lots of space for rads.:D

What CPU you got coming? please don't tell me you are getting a 3970X? :p

I am loving the look and size of the 900D...Awsome case. Next time I buy a case, I want it to have more room on the right hand side because I get so fed up of doing a grand job of cable tidying (quite hard with extensions) and then still have to force the bloody side on :(

Plenty of pics when you start bro :)

Back
Top Bottom