• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official 3DMarkVantage thread**

Man of Honour
Being nosey that I am,

What else do you use your PC's for?

Great score by the way :cool:

Im into gaming quite a bit sometimes up to 80 hours a week.

I have also been having a lot of fun benching things lately.

The reason for my different PCs is CIV 5, I play it on a huge map and find late in the game it is very demanding on hardware.

When Civ 5 came out I was playing it on an i7 975/HD5970s and found I could get just over half way through a game before it was too much for the hardware.
Then I upgraded to a i7 980/GTX 590s and found I could get 3/4 the way through a game before problems.
Finally I got to my i7 3960x/GTX 690s and found I could just about finish a game.

On extreme settings Civ 5 is an absolute ******** and a bit of an embarrassment for the game devs.

One game I am really looking froward to is RTW 2.

Caporegime
OP
Associate
I bought one of the big tubes (30g I think :eek:) of the pk-1, used it for my GPU and CPU. Pretty good but I will probably die before I use it all lol. Only got the big one because I always lose the little ones, and that's no a good idea with my 2 year old running around.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom