• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

My ducting system turned out to be a turd. It was keeping the room ambient stable, but at the cost of bottle necking the radiator that it was covering so upping the temps of the GPU's :(

Back to open top again now :)

Hi Guys!
Purchased an Asus 7990 from OC today! Should be here tomorrow!
Can't wait to be a owner!

One question i have is.... Warranty wise, will it be void if i removed or even changed the cooler?

Nice one well done, not sure, ask OC themselves. Some are ok, some are not. Be careful with it, they will never know :)

Loving all the new 290(x) and 780(ti) owners out there bigin it up when they could have had nearly double the performance with a 7990 single card solution for the same price :)

Gotta love how the 7990 is missing from a lot of the performance reviews as well, but they throw in SLI for Titans and others for comparison.

7990 = Still the fastest single card solution out there :)

Guys, After buying my 7990 today (arrivng tomorrow) Just looking at "Some" of the power consumption things.... Am i going to expect to see a big electric bill increase? SOrry not up on this sort of thing.

The card on full tilt 100% on both GPU's will take 400 - 440w depending on various things. Measured by CorsairLink and a wall plug meter on my system.

I have had mine over a week xfx 7990 paid 371 pound for it, bargain of the year.
the things unreal it gets hot around 85 but you wanna play bf4 on it runs amazing.
my friend just bought the new 780 its a good card but the 7990 destroys in on on bf4 am getting around 20% more fps and he paid around 180 quid more lol

Needed to quote that. So many people forget the bang for buck this card has. :) Going on about 280/290(x) 780(ti) etc for 100's more to get the equivalent, noise, and power from SLI / CF of these cards just to touch the power of the 7990.

hehehehe :)

Last edited:
LOL, I am loving the 2x7990 on water at the moment. Both windows open in my office and the temp is still a barmy 10 degrees during the dead of night with the cold weather we are having.

Great for mining :) Summer will definitely be interesting :D

I am very close to getting a 7990 at the end of the month to go trifire with my 7970. Are the gains even noticeable? I had a look a couple of new benchmarks and it shows trifire results to be not much better than x-fire. At the moment I have a 7950 CFd with a 7970. Am I going to see any benefit in upgrading :|

not many games will take advantage of tri fire, a case of diminishing returns on the more cards you add.

Back
Top Bottom