• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

1,2? You mean default yeah..1200 so basically for gaming you leave it at stock voltages

Depends on how stable your card is.

If you are running stock, then yes leave it stock.

If your are overclocking, then get to your max overclock, drop it by about 200mhz on GPU and RAM and leave the voltage where it was and test a game. If you like then drop voltage by 0.05 until it dies and put it back.

Ok so just upgraded to a Corsair AX1200i with the power monitor software and here are some results

Sapphire HD7990 water cooled.

Running 24/7 Litecoin mining at 1100/1500 and 1.170volts and 20% power limit.

Both CPU's maxed out completely and taking 440w according to the ax1200i !!!!!

The new PSU had highlighted why my PC would suddenly reboot. I was running the 2 8 pin power cables for the GPU via 1 cable on my older tx850 PSU.

When I did the same on the 1200i, the PC would reboot after 2 mins of mining. Switching to single cables to the PSU has solved the problem.

These cards do take a hell of a lotta juice :)

Glad the PSU is up to the job :)

Yes, it is an awesome PSU mate and thanxs.

Had a bit of a scare early on when it would self test out of the box but when you plugged in the 24 pin connector it would not.

Apparently they are suppose to do that !!!!!!

Other than that, nice to have a full modular and reduce all the unwanted cables and definitely need it for 2x7990's with 4 separate PCI/e cables as with the problem above.

Thanks mate, great meeting you.

Cat..you might know the answer to this... Do you think an 860 watt platinum PSU would be enough to add a 7970 to the 7990? According to a benchmark it uses about 760 watts but thats on a benchmarking system.. for benchmarking.

Well my 7990 on full chat 100% on both CPU's is taking 420 - 450w

The 7970 would probably add another 200+ to that so lets call it a round 800w

Then u need fans, CPU, HDD and all the other stuff.

You might not have enough juice with 860w mate. Personally I would wager you would not.

Only one way to find out.

I know seasonic x560 is not enough to power hd 7990 in a long run,but if I buy this card(I pre-order it),Gibbo said that price is going up on Monday,so I bought myself some time to think about it.
I've red that card needs 380W.
IF i get this card will my power supply mange to start up and test this card?nothing extreme.
I'm going to buy bigger psu later if I like the card.(Drivers and coil whine)
My wife is the problem,told her I need new gpu,she didn't take that well,new psu is a bit to much straight away.thanks

You will get frustrated if it starts to pull power during gaming and maxes out as it will just instantly reboot your PC, no warning.

380 - 420w needed for this card and that is NOT INCLUDING fans, CPU and other things connected. Bare minimum I would say would be 650 - 700w and that may push it depending on what else you have connected.

would like some advice from some 7990 users , im about to sell my 7950 , and there is kinda no upgrade path for me to upgrade ,290x with stock cooler is a no and expensive ,290 no were seen and new 280x updated is no were seen.

so its only choice of 7990 , i'm just worried about multi gpu issues , i mostly play cs:go and will play battlefield 4.

Most of them fixed with latest catalyst drivers and frame pacing. Happily played BF4 beta on mine with no issues.

Hi guys, just bought a 7990 yesterday. Great looking card and looking forward to using it.

At stock it gives a boost core clock of 1000MHz (Mem 1500MHz) and stock max voltage I am seeing is 1.2V.

I have MSI AB and set up a custom fan profile but have not disabled ULPS and have not tried to overclock it at all yet. On 3DMark11 at stock I am getting a GPU score of 18,184. Wondering if that sounds about right. In fps terms it certainly seems up there with my 2x 780s.

How far have people been able to push voltage on the stock cooler in these? Is above 1100/1150 core clock achievable? Are the limits mainly thermals? Any custom bioses available for these or is stock bios ok for overclocking?

That is a good score and on stock speeds, wow. Overclocking mine and on 4.8Ghz 3930 I only get low 18's

What memory, cpu are you using, got a 3dmark link ?

Back
Top Bottom