**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Soldato
i cant get my 2-2-2-8 1t ram running at that speed, instead it runs 2-3-3-8 2t.. Its 2x single sided 512mb chips from Crucial (ballistix)

also, what do you set all the other memory timings to? I not seen these before! Like the TWRT etc?

currently running 11x218 (2400) Mem 1:1.

Any tips on raising that FSB? Id like something like 10x250 1:1 or something.

Soldato
Overlag said:
Any tips on raising that FSB? Id like something like 10x250 1:1 or something.

Change that trashy ballistix for something decent ;)
Seriously I had some and tried it in 2 different Nforce 3 mobo's and that had similar problems, it was rated as pc4000 but it wasn't keen on running it, and would only do it at all at T2.
Besides you have pc3200, its possible your sticks are pants overclockers too.

In the end I phoned crucial and got them to re-imburse me as they were not doing the timings and speed they stated they could, I bought some OCZ plat rev2 with the refund and the difference was night and day !

Associate
try putting the memory sticks in the black slots. that sorted my memory not going to what its spose to. think my board has bad voltages going through its blue memory slots

Associate
is anyone able to use albooster? as soon as i try to change anything and click apply it locks up. also why is 1.65v available for vcore in albooster when only 1.55v available in bios?

Soldato
mm, more info on the beta 1008 would be good, id hope it was a disappearing Harddrive fix, but i doubt it.....

someone said they saw a lot of other people with the same problem on another forum, can you link me over?

Associate
help small problem

hi peeps hope you can help im not sure if this is the mobo or not.just built my new system today specs are fx 55 stock 'xfx 7800gtx ee ' a8n-sli premium'2 x 1 gig Corsair DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX' enermax 600 watt sli psu' and used some bits out of old pc now my problem is that i put my 2 hard drives from old pc in 1 is western digital [200 gig] thats the master and the salve is an maxtor [120 gig] both ide!! now the bios +windows see's the 120 gig ok but the wd 200 gig is only seen as 31.4 in bios +windows ive tried deleteing the partition and formating then reinstalling windows xp more than once and still get the same result im at a loss :( any of you guys had the same problem??
hope you can help and thanks in advance

Soldato
did you install windows with SP2 streamlined on one disk?

have you installed the nforce 4 IDE drivers?

what bios version are you using?

Associate
Vogon said:
Nah I am well pleased with mine, its the SLi ppl who seem to have issues, but I think that may be down to nvidia drivers more than anything ... with a single card as I have, its been rock solid stable :)

Same here, thus far no issues as such, fingers crossed it continues.

BIOS: 1005
NFORCE: 6.66
FORCEWARE: 77.72
RAM@: 6-3-3-2,[email protected]

Soldato
Righto, well, i think i might have solved the disappearing SATA harddrive problem for my pc anyway.

It was the nforce IDE drivers AFAIK. Im just on the standard Microsoft ones now, and hdtach confirms read/writes/access times etc are all pretty good...i will find out tonight after turning it on in the morning if it actually has worked.

PS. the other day i copied all my second Hds files over to my main hd, while i sent back the other hd to get an IDE one....which i thought would be a solution....it took about 25mins for 15Gbs....now im copying them back and its taking about 10 mins :O :confused:

Associate
apparently nvidia and ati are working together a bit with the nvidia drivers so that new crossfire cards will work on nvidia boards. no idea about eta's but sounds hopeful seeing crossfire graphics is so much better than sli

Soldato
ted34 said:
apparently nvidia and ati are working together a bit with the nvidia drivers so that new crossfire cards will work on nvidia boards

Sounds unlikely, were did you hear this ?
Would be nice, but I dont think it will happen TBH.

Associate
toms hardware guide said that nvidia and ati were discussing it. was a long time ago when i read it mind so lots would have happened such as release of 7800

Associate
that was one reason i went for premium version because it was bios setting rather than hardware setting for sli. also toms hardware got a ati and nvidia card to run side by side on the premium but didnt get it to work together just so there was a choice in windows

Soldato
ted34 said:
toms hardware got a ati and nvidia card to run side by side on the premium but didnt get it to work together just so there was a choice in windows

Cool ! get both cards and use whichever is best for the game you want to play, the ultimate solution ! :p :D

Back
Top Bottom